JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery After Latest Update

(Topic created: 09-27-2022 06:14 AM)
RNDPHLive
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Following Samsung's latest update for the Galaxy S21 Ultra, my phone only seems to charge up to 85% however, the battery settings show that there is more charge available... 

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
It's a feature that you can toggle on and off , it supposed to help save some battery health . If you go to device care and click battery at the top there's a option at the bottom called "more battery settings" you can click and it'll have a on and off toggle called "protect battery" at the bottom of the battery settings . Screenshot_20220927-092033_Device care.jpg

View solution in context

11 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
It's a feature that you can toggle on and off , it supposed to help save some battery health . If you go to device care and click battery at the top there's a option at the bottom called "more battery settings" you can click and it'll have a on and off toggle called "protect battery" at the bottom of the battery settings . Screenshot_20220927-092033_Device care.jpg
DCM62
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Under advanced battery settings. Screenshot_20220927-072347_Device care_1000000229_1664285085.jpg
RNDPHLive
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

🤦🏾‍:male_sign: I feel like such an  because I did turn that on not thinking what it does and this is the result... Thank you, @Imannoyedtbh!!! 🙏🏽

Options
Galaxy S21
Lol np , I keep mine on nowadays since I've had the phone now since Feb . Started using that feature the last few weeks .
RNDPHLive
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
And is there any particular reason why you enabled it. I can completely say that it's totally different than that I thought "protect your battery" would be...
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Is prolongs your battery health over time by not fully charging it, you'd have to Google it for the exact science behind it lol .
Options
Galaxy S21
It *
Heatherine
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the battery life goes down
userDEOsDEc2Cs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
One thing I've come across is that running the battery as low as you possibly can (i.e. full charge to 5% or less). Seems to help before you charge it again. I've started seeing that the newer the phone the more your phone adapts to how you use it. So charging it when it's got 80% or more hurts it if your doing that everyday. My old s9+ was great when I first got it but over two years of charging it with more than 50%battery it would get to the point I would have to charge it halfway through the day. I carry a spare mobile battery in my car for when I don't have any outlets nearby for my new s22 ultra.