Original topic:

Battery died fast

(Topic created: 06-03-2021 05:02 PM)
usertxXa4Ma8zK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 + is  take 6hrs to battery died,  what I should do to stop this ?
6 Replies
_Jinx_
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello there,
Ok so can't really fix it unless you buy a new battery but what caused this is that you may have been on It while it's on a charger. Now I'm not saying you did this but battery's can die faster when used on a charger
I hope this helps, Thanks
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

battery dying depend (most of the time) on how you use it...

If you were watching bunch of High res. videos with speakers blasting or playing games for hrs at a time.. 6hrs seem quite reasonable.

But if it was just normal use of intermittent videos, web surfing, etc. etc. it certainly is an issue.

you could take it to UbreakIFix and have them take a look at the phone/battery.

Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
My A21 is on the charger all night while I play music in my Bluetooth headphones. It stays at 100 percent until morning when I unplug it. During the day I get about 6 hours unplugged but only drops down to 70 percent before I replug it. I read somewhere that I shouldn't be doing that. Bad for battery life.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

you are correct in that it's not good for the battery... the tech has come a long way to smart-ly identify when a user is using the phone while plugged-in and will change the charging style to 'trickle'. BUT it's still bad for the battery. it's best to just use the battery then plug it in when you are ready to sleep. OR... I think I noticed a routine setting that will allow you to turn charging on/off at a specified time or command. You can try that and try to save your battery from the bad habit (next device at least).

I'm talking about Bixby routine by the way...

0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for verifying. I was told by Samsung SALES that it wouldn't be a problem. I didn't check with a tech
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Even if I don't use Bixby?
0 Likes