JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Routine Based on Battery Level Not Working

(Topic created: 04-10-2021 09:18 AM)
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
About a month ago I created a routine to turn off a smart plug when my S21U's battery charge exceeds 75%. This routine should run every morning when my phone's battery is being recharged. For some reason, during the last month, this routine has successfully run only twice. How do I diagnose and correct this problem? 
16 Replies
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Today I installed the April update and will see tomorrow morning if by any chance it resolves this Bixby Routine battery level problem.
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
After the April software update my Bixby Routine worked two mornings in a row, but it failed today. There definitely is a problem with this software.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@neilth 

Do the routines consume much battery running in the background all the time?  Do you have to exempt Bixby from automatically being turned off?

Thanks

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
I doubt that they consume any energy to speak of.
0 Likes
Solution
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Several days ago I cleared the Bixby Routine's cache as an attempt to resolve the reliability problem I was having with my battery charging routine. This appears to have solved the problem. The routine is now working properly every morning when my phone's charger comes on and a 75% charge is achieved.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@neilth 

I'm having issues with mine.  It works while I'm watching it but every morning it's at 100%

How are you writing your routine.  I'm not sure mine is correct.

---------------

To start the charge mine is "If battery level below 85 then turn on plug

and then another one 

If battery level above 84 then turn off plug.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine starts via the TP-Link Kasa app at a specific time. My Bixby Routine just turns off the smart plug when battery charge exceeds 75%. Yours looks like it should work. You should clear the Bixby Routine cache as I did and see if it solves your problem too. BTW, I submitted a request to Samsung asking them to add an option to have the ability for a Bixby Routine to stop or end battery charging. This would eliminate the need for a smart plug to limit charging. If you like the idea, please submit a similar request to Samsung. The more requests they receive, the better.
0 Likes