Blocked calls NOT SHOWING in list

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 05:22 AM)
TheCrypticWalker987
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung galaxy A71

TWO IDENTICAL PHONES

my wife's phone (phone A), when you make a number a BLOCKED CALL, is NOT SHOWING these in the BLOCKED CALL LIST, even though in the RECENT calls it shows that number as BLOCKED.

on MY phone (phone B), if I add number, i get a CONFIRMING QUESTION, do you want to definitely add this to blocked calls, I answer YES, and it ADDS it to the list.

I have cleared the cache on phone A, checked settings, her settings match mine. 

on PHONE A (hers), when you ADD a number to BLOCKED calls, FROM the actual incoming call, it does NOT ASK a confirming question, it just ADDS to blocked calls, but does not show in the blocked call ist.  BUT, if I unblock that number, from the RECENTS list (to test it), and then RE-ADD it from the RECENTS list, it PUTS that number into the blocked call list.  It is almost as if teh blocked calls are being put in two different places, or handled in two separate fashions 

ANY HELP with this is appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
fungurl2010
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It is blocked just won't show up
0 Likes
TheCrypticWalker987
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

correct, it is blocked, but does not show up, but it Should show up !  same phone, should do the same thing !  nuts...

BUT, I BELIEVE i found out why.  searching through google, the term ATT CALL PROTECT came up.  searching further, it appears that PHONE A (my wife's) got this ACTIVaTED, while on MY phone, it is NOT activated.  IN their settings, THEY have their OWN blocked call list, independent of samsung's phone.  SO, it appears that when you select ONE method of blocking the number when it actually rings, it goes  to ATT CALL PROTECT method, while if you choose it from rECENT,  it gets blocked using the PHONE's internal mechanism.

I will keep exploring, but it looks like the answer...

0 Likes
ToyYodaGuy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

On my S21 plus, I show blocked calls with this symbol blocked ( circle with slash ) by the recent number and looking into the phone activity, top right 3 vertical dots also show a list of blocked numbers.
0 Likes