Original topic:

Bluetooth disconnects every time I'm in a call

(Topic created: 04-19-2021 10:41 AM)
MelodiTen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Someone please help me. I'm desperate. I got a new phone a samsung galaxy s21.  And my Bluetooth disconnects from my car audio every time I have a phone call within 2 to 5 minutes of me being in a call it drops from my car stereo and goes back to my cell phone. The music audio and maps audio never drops or disconnects.  But it happens every single time on my phone calls.
8 Replies
ForeverKnights
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I had this problem the first couple of days I had the s21U. I deleted the connection from my phone and car and reconnected and that seemed to fix it
0 Likes
MelodiTen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've tried that. Att and Samsung said it's a software issue that some of the phones have and are sending me a new phone
0 Likes
MelodiTen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you for your help
0 Likes
ForeverKnights
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Awesome. No problem
0 Likes
userZ6suB77sUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Any update to your issue?

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I can understand how frustrating your Bluetooth connection constantly dropping can be. Have you tried any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps? If so I would recommend making sure that your phone and car are up to date on its software. If that doesn't work I would recommend that you clear the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps on how to clear the cache partition on your phone. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
LAURALAURA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same problem with my s21. I kept taking it to Lexus because I thought it was the car and I'm glad to know it must be the phone. Were you able to resolve the problem? I've had 2 different galaxy s21 and it happened with each phone I got
0 Likes
Bill1426
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I finally fixed this issue..
What I did was go into my vehicles infotainment (vehicle radio), and go to settings, then Bluetooth, then pick the phone, (you might have to pick the gear after picking the phone), and disable "Audio Player".
No changes were done on the phone.
I have not had a disconnect since..

I hope this helps others with this issue