Original topic:

Bluetooth keeps dropping in and out of connection from my car

(Topic created on: 4/7/21 7:26 PM)
userrleOyOSjSJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I upgraded to a new Samsung S21 phone that turned out to be defective because the Bluetooth wouldn't work with my 2021 Lexus ES. I returned it and replaced it with another S21 but it had the same problem. The issue didn't happen with my S20 phone. I was told that Samsung would refund my $700 Trade Credit by three Samsung employees (including one that said he was a supervisor) said they would issue a refund of the $700 but later backtracked on their commitment. Meanwhile, Samsung has my old S20 and I was forced to go out and buy a renewed version for just under $800 which I was willing to do because of Samsung’s commitment to refund my $700. Ultimately, Samsung instead would only gave a $700 promotional credit that expires in 90 days which I can't use since the new S21 phones are defective and don't work with my vehicle. VERY UNHAPPY.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sickone23bv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine keeps doing the same thing I have to go out and start over everytime I start my car up
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Connect Bluetooth for, why/how? Did you try the old fashioned pairing way? Your 21 is a native OS 11, unlike your 20, so Android Auto is how you'd connect your car and link the devices, you can even select which apps you want your car to icon show you for Quick access. It also use the new LC3 codec Bluetooth and not the Mainstay SBC codec though it's supports that and there's a selection in settings for that which I'm guessing is the whole connection issue problem your having that you didn't with the 20 since it is not native os 11, it was an upgrade from its native 9 or 10, the default channels, codecs, blah blah are different I'm almost positive, and on your 20 would default due to hardware or compatibility, to the older SBC codec if the signal detected both so no issue was detected. At the CES in 2020, the new version was introduced, scheduled and released like 6 or 8 months later the end of last year like say around the time they rushed to get the 21 up and out.. your 2021 Lexus came out when most all new year model car manufacturers do... August of the year before what it's year model is so 2021, August 2020, prolly built in February or March for introductions... CES 2020, January 7th to the 10th. So not native, updated to the version via drivers if applicable, different defaults for the native and upgraded. Take your newly bought refurbished phone, check the trade in value, get what ever it is and use that plus the credit they gave you and order new phone version you want or wanted originally and speak with a checkout service agent about the whatever amt if any remaining balance is and I bet there's something that will cover the rest for promotions or discounts not found easily. Either play dumb and just find out what they are and say nothing about your situation and see, or explain it all to them and see if they will help.
userZ6suB77sUn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having a similar issue except its only when I make phone calls. If I am not on any call the bluetooth connection remains constant.

I'm starting to see there are more and more people with bluetooth issues on this phone which at least seems to suggest its not just an isolated issue for me.

0 Likes