Original topic:

Bluetooth won't connect to Laptop

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
GattoNero
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm trying the Link to Windows and have everything set up just fine but it won't let me receive and make calls. Laptop app says that there are apps on my device that interfere with calling. I already made sure the phone app has access to everything and tried the troubleshooting problems from the My Phone app on my PC and nothing. When I check my PC's name on my phone's Bluetooth, it actually doesn't connect to my PC. Says connection error and won't let me enable the calls. It's so weird and annoying. 
0 Likes
17 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Do you happen to know which bluetooth codec your laptop is using and what is your choice for the 21?
0 Likes
GattoNero
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
My phone says SBS and everything is on default and won't let me change it. I'm not sure about my laptop. I have a Dell
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Try this while you answer my question... connect your phone and laptop via usb tethering and then try the bluetooth... make your phone the master, then if that doesnt work try again and make the laptop the master
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I understand how frustrating this is. Do you have any other devices connected to Bluetooth on your phone or your PC? Do you receive the error on the PC or on the phone? Have you tried clearing the cache of the Bluetooth app? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
GattoNero
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have my earphones paired on my phone and PC and some other stuff on my PC but they're not connected when I'm trying to activate calls on the My Phone app. I get the error on my phone. I have tried clearing both the cache and data for my bluetooth with no success.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for the additional information. Here are some additional troubleshooting steps provided by Microsoft that may help. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/troubleshooting-calls-in-the-your-phone-app-1644add0-a51e-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Try using the dex setup if it's on your phone
0 Likes
GattoNero
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I just tried it and I guess it seems like a good alternative if I can't fix the call issue. It doesn't feel as smooth as the Link to Windows app though...
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
You may not want to use the link to windows from the 21 ultra to windows 10.. I did that in the beginning and everyday my laptop would give me the blue / green screen of death.. having to do with drivers I think I remember I emailed windows /Microsoft and got no where so trouble shooted the issue myself.. and found out it had to do with the link to windows app .. as soon as I unhooked the phone from my laptop the death screens stopped.

Figures it would be no problem.. because my laptop is Samsung and so is my phone..but it is
0 Likes