JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blutooth Remote For Camera

(Topic created: 06-06-2021 07:38 AM)
userqsZs0kU4zm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I just "upgraded" to a Galaxy S21 5G from a Galaxy S10+. I have a tripod with a Blutooth remote that I used all the time as I do a lot of hiking. It worked excellent with the S10+ but with the S21 the remote now just adjusts the volume on the phone but doesn't work for the camera. I initially thought it was the remote as I had dropped it in the water a while back even though though it still worked on the S10 after that happened. I ordered a new camera remote, from a different company as the first, and it does the same thing.

I tried all the troubleshooting suggestions and I tried all the things here in the community people suggested for their bluetooth issues such as turning off the wireless sync etc.. Both remotes still only adjust the volume.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to your camera settings > shooting methods. Make sure volume key is set to take pictures. Alternatively, you can ditch the remote completely and just use your voice to take pictures.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Fruitcake
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you unpaired the Bluetooth remote from the s10+ to the s21?
0 Likes
userqsZs0kU4zm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes. Pairing and connecting is no problem. It's just that it operates the volume on the phone instead of the camera. Plus, I got the new remote two weeks after I had already traded in the S10+ so they were never paired together.

0 Likes
Fruitcake
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Is there settings to the Bluetooth remote? Have you tried remapping the buttons if that is a possible setting?
0 Likes
userqsZs0kU4zm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

No settings on either of the bluetooth remotes. Not sure how to remap the buttons. 

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to your camera settings > shooting methods. Make sure volume key is set to take pictures. Alternatively, you can ditch the remote completely and just use your voice to take pictures.
userqsZs0kU4zm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Awesome! That totally worked! Thank you so much.
The reason I use the Bluetooth over my voice or the timer is because some of the shots I take are from too far away.
Thank you, again! Much appreciated!
0 Likes