JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-27-2021 03:30 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
useriGzAR4Nc2D
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

You are not alone bro , it all happened after android 11 , I'm crying for this from last month. I have s20 and I thought one3.1 update will fix this. But your post made me clear it's not going happen.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note20/Secure-Folder-Notifications/td-p/1596567

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/why-this-change-in-secure-folder-in-android-11.4219849/

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

you can hide notification from secure folder -> setting -> notification

0 Likes
M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I was able to get my notifications to work by reinstalling some apps. Still very unhappy with the layout. Since I posted this I also discovered that folders on the homescreen behave the same way. They are grids only 3x4 now and have wasted space above. Seems like this was a design decision across the os/launcher.

0 Likes
userKhara
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue here. When receiving messages on applications via secure folder, the details of the message are visible from the normal screen before you unlock the secure folder. It is supposed to only notify you of an incoming message with the contents of the message hidden until you unlock your secure folder. Major security flaw being it is a secure folder.

I noticed the verbiage even changed and secure folder is very buggy. See attached image 

Screenshot_20210129-100725_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

yes, that is what I am seeing as well. notifications "work" but are no longer secure.

0 Likes
timnicebutdim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm very annoyed, I don't like the new Android 11 volume bars, with the S20 Ultra, I could go to sound assistant and choose classic mode, but that has disappeared in S21 Ultra

Notorious92
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This is pathetic Samsung. How can you mock apple then turn around a copy them? How do you expect to sell a flagship that is literally getting worse?

Not one person with a brain would choose to pay for cloud storage instead of using an SD card which doesn't rely on any connection to access your files and is more secure. At a minimum you should be making the base model 512gb internal storage if this is the route you plan on taking as your claim for a $50 upgrade to a 256gb model being a good deal is a complete lie and an insult to your customers.

On top of that how can you go back to 1080p screens unless you get the ultra? This isn't 2013 lmao, I hope you don't sell many of these scam phones. Also it has worse battery life... 

Android users are not sheep like apple slaves. If you keep producing such sad excuses for a flagship phone you will be left in the past. I was looking forward to the s21 ultra but looks like I'll have to find another company now...

alirzs21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

not to mention the fingerprint scanner still gives me trouble. fails and keeps telling me to cover the whole sensor area even when I have my thumb fully on the area...

Frbky
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

I want to let Samsung know that I bought an S20 because of the S21.

I am disappointed that Samsung switched to a plastic back and a lower resolution screen. But the deal breaker for me is removal of micro SD support.

I use micro SD not because I need more storage but for more flexibility, and because in principle it's better if we can expand our phones. Micro SD makes it easier to transfer files to a new device, and it's nice to know that a factory reset will not affect anything on the SD card. And cloud storage is not always quickly available especially in rural areas.

If I can help it I won't get a phone that doesn't have expandable storage. So I am happy with the S20 but disappointed that the S21 does not have it. Samsung, if you bring back expandable storage with the S22 I will be happy to check it out!

Like and comment if you support Samsung keeping micro SD and other hardware features, even if you don't personally use them!
Frbky
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Note: I'm using Samsung Evo Select MicroSDXC cards in my S20 and Tab S7!