JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Brightness bar

(Topic created: 08-14-2021 05:33 AM)
Members_P7Ob264
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Did they get rid of the ability to move the brightness bar to the top of the at the top of the notification screen.  If so why??  I use it all the time and hate having to open the bar to the bottom to use it

7 Replies
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Just use two fingers to swipe down and it will open directly to the bottom. Then adjust the brightness and use two fingers to swipe from the bottom to clear the notification panel from view.
0 Likes
Members_P7Ob264
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks you.  I did know that.  My question was why I can no longer but the brightness bar at the top of the screen.  I adjust the brightness often because I have glaucoma.  It is annoying to have to open the whole screen full length every single time, when before I could just swipe down once and was there.  This button was on all previous models and I can't believe they don't have it on this one.  Thank you for the reply.brightness bar control.jpg

Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Well it's still just one swipe (just using your index and middle finger at the same time). One finger opens notifications, and using 2 fingers at the same time opens device settings options. But hopefully they can add the option again to customize this feature so it will work best for everyone.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Mine is on top with the one swipe. I cant remember if I put it there or it came that way but I don't see the option to move it so on the Ultra it must come on top.
And, if you press and hold on a blank space on the desktop and then open the One UI settings you can toggle on "Swipe down for notification settings" and then any down swipe anywhere on the home screen opens the notification panel.
Screenshot_20210814-083659_One UI Home.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Members_P7Ob264
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes that does help - I just never realized that it not being on top would be such a pain for me. Thanks for the reply.  It just doesn't help with my problem, but it does tell me there probably isn't a solution unledd they see this and fix it.  I don't know how to suggest it!

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Go into the Samsung Members app and under Get Help submit an error report.

I don't think that they will see this as a bug but rather a Feature Request since the Brightness Bar is available with just one swipe like it was in the past. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Swipe down twice and press the 3 dots and select quick panel layout, then toggle on show brightness on top.
Just found this and remembered this post, hope this still helps.Screenshot_20210908-175110_Permission controller_63281.jpgScreenshot_20210908-175107_One UI Home_63280.jpg