Original topic:

Bug found - samsung network storage can't connect make sure the address and other info is correct

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 9:42 AM)
usert9OfObbqbr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

RS File app connects just fine to NAS via SMB. SMBv2 is enabled on Synology NAS. not sure why this app stopped working. It worked last year than I was forced to update the app and I believe the update broke it.

If there was a setting issue RS File would not connect and other apps but they do. I believe it is isolated to just this.

I've tested this on a S21 and S10+ and Note10+ one on Android 10 and other on 11 both get the same error message and factory phones no custom software or anything.

I believe the latest version has a bug. Anyone can confirm or suggestions I would appreciate it.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21

could you explain this "connects just fine to NAS via SMB. SMBv2 is enabled on Synology NAS" lol 

0 Likes
usert9OfObbqbr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

RS File is an app in the play store like many other apps which are file browsers like "My Files" which comes with your samsung phone.

If you are not familiar with SMB or SMB v1/2/3 google it.

I was pointing out my NAS is configured to work with SMBv2 which is what "My Files" uses but since the update to the app the developers introduced a bug which broke this capability.

0 Likes
usert9OfObbqbr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This is not rocket science, the app has a bug and who know if Samsung actually monitors this forum. God knows their support chat is useless and so is phone support to get the information to the developers.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

could be an app issue though since Android 10 and 11 both had the same error message?

0 Likes
usert9OfObbqbr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Boy you catch on quick.

Of course it is an app issue and the issue is Samsung "My Files", which has a Bug when they updated this app. It is the same app on all phones even with the different android versions the code base is the same.

If you are execpting me me to give you a like please move on. It is clear you are not the right target audience. I posted this in here in hopes Samsung monitors this but it is clear they don't!

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Please reach out to the development team for this app at rsfileapps@gmail.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usert9OfObbqbr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Why would i reach out to RS file, they are not the problem, this is a Samsung app problem.

Did you even read my original post?

SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry I'm so confused, your post was not very clear on what was going on. The Samsung developer contact for My Files is myfiles.sec@samsung.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usert9OfObbqbr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I thought it was very clear, non the less I've already contacted that email address multiple times over 2 week span and not a single response.

If you have a way to direclty reach them please do so.

Cheers

0 Likes