Original topic:

Bug in Portrait Mode Camera Software - S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 3/1/21 7:00 PM)
LostAngelPosts
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi After the latest Firmware update on my Unlocked Galaxy S21 Ultra (Snapdragon processor, Firmware version G988U1UEU1AUAJ, I noticed that the options in Portrait Mode have been changed/enhanced with additional effects (for example adding high key B&W, etc) from the previous version. However, when I try to use the color spot or any other  other effect, as before it displays correctly on the viewfinder, but does NOT save the picture with the effect and does NOT display the usual Change Background Effect banner when bringing up the photo in the Gallery. This only happens when using the Back Camera. When using portrait mode with the Front Facing camera it works as intended. I posted this on Reddit and others have replicated this as well, so obviously this is a software bug, as this worked fine before the latest update. 
 P.S: camera app version is 11.0.02.44 which is the latest and I already tried clearing the cache and resetting the app, etc.
5 Replies
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

for me, after taking picture on portrait mode, it took some time but after about 2-3 seconds, the effect is applied. 

same camera version and firmware version as yours.

try submit this issue on samsung members app

0 Likes
Prika33
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same problem! It only works here and there. the effect is there, but once i check the photo its not actively working. definitely a bug and so annoying :( Hope they fix this problem soon! 

0 Likes
DutchUser_1970
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same problem. :(

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

i registered the issue on samsung members and they told me it will be fixed on next software update

0 Likes
LostAngelPosts
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
UPDATE: happy to report that this bug has been fixed with the AUB6 firmware update that just rolled out with the March security update
0 Likes