JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buying the Samsung S21+ ultra 5G

(Topic created: 03-02-2021 12:17 AM)
Munchiez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am going to buy the s21 ultra 5g and at the same time I have a s10+ to trade in. Nothing else will have to happen with tmobile[ currently] or nothing in the bill will increase correct? I still don't have 5g and I'm still staying with 4g. If I buy it on samsung shop will everything I have to do is just put in my samsung s10+ Sim card into the s21+ ultra and I'll be fine? No bill changes in tmobile.
Do I have to put in tmobile option or unlocked in the shop? It won't charge me a plan correct cz I already have a plan.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Munchiez there are no separate 5G plans for TMobile, so nothing will change. You can use 5G with no concerns at all. Glad you got your discounts applied! 

Ensure you document your trade in well. Take videos and pictures, and package the device so that it is well protected and has little wiggle room. Make sure you get the devices IMEI number also. 

View solution in context

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
are you buying the phone through Samsung or t-mobile? if you are paying it off in full then your bills should not increase. I have T-Mobile and there is currently not a 5G specific plan and I still have a 5G low band connection.
Munchiez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm paying it full thru samsung shop. I just don't want there to be any bill changes on my parents statement
0 Likes
Munchiez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
so all i have to do is pick unlock or tmobile. once it gets here all I gotta do is put in the sim?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
upon checking out did you select unlocked or t-mobile? if it's a carrier phone then T-Mobile can unlock it for you. the only way you could accumulate charges if your trade in is damaged or something is wrong with it
Munchiez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I checked tmobile. I'm doing a trade in. but at the checkout I have my education discount but not my 550$ discount for trade in. where did it go? I checked it for tmobile. and if I get it all I have to do is put the SIM card in from my old phone and send the s10+?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
yes and you would send Samsung your old S10 and put your sim card in the new phone. I'll go ahead and check about the discounts and I'll see what I can find out
Munchiez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
ty. I've been having issues just checking out because I have m university discount and my trade in value at pre checkout but at the end. only my education discount is there..
0 Likes
Munchiez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
they r saying it's possible but I can't seem to get both at the end of a checkout and the app won't let me either. it'll just buffer towards the end forever
0 Likes