Original topic:

Calander theme forcibly changed to all gray after latest update?

(Topic created: 12-03-2021 06:42 PM)
user0Dt587vXHG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have an S21 Plus. Last update the calendar themes got changed so that all my color coded events are now all the same shade of gray on the calendar. Instead of my regular work shifts in green, overtime in red or blue (depending on which shift) and side gigs in gold with holidays in their color and miscelannious in their colors, everything is just one big useless gray blob when I open the calender and can't see what day has what going on.
I can still "pull down" to an expanded view that has the colors, but that's a very packed, cluttered view vs the (old) default of just opening the calendar and seeing which day is which color code (telling me at a glance what I'm looking for...)

Went thru all the normal support stuff of resetting and restarting and this and that and finally got this message from Samsung Support: "Upon investigating and testing, the new update for the Samsung calendar changed the design of the user interface. The color date will be shown once you swipe down on any of the dates. As of now, there's no option to configure or display the color as the previous version."

Ok... I guess I can understand some people like monochromatic themes and make everything black and white and would like that as an option... but who decided to make that not only THE default, but the ONE AND ONLY DEFAULT where I can't change it back because now it's so useless to me I've stopped inputting stuff in my calendar app?!
Can we please change this back??????????????
12 Replies
DuraCell
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah I hope that the gray is a glitch. The calendar is totally useless.
Ags2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Useless for me too. If it was an intentional change might be time to go elsewhere for a calendar and reconsider getting Samsung as next phone if this is how they make decisions. I didn't see anything in update notes before installing update about functionality we'd be losing. Grrr.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

My Calendar still shows the colors I've assigned to the different calendars and I'm on the latest VZW build.

Try clearing the app cache, Data, uninstall/reinstall, wipe system cache in that order and let us know if one of those works.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
user0Dt587vXHG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Not "hearting" as I said in my initial post I already DID all that stuff. I'm hardly the only one it looks like either, seems quite a few other posters here are also... .not fans of this change.

In fact (as I stated in my original post) Samsung finally clarified this isn't a bug, but an INTENTIONAL FEATURE they decided to make, and make the only theme available in the calendar at the last update.

Why? I don't know, whoever thought of the idea initially, and definitely whoever approved this to be an across the board change with no way to revert back to the preferred settings needs to be smacked and then change it back asap.....

0 Likes
MiamE1952
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Bill, your procedure does not work. It appears this is a deliberate update. Is there any way to convince Samsung to restore the old version as an option?

bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

All you can do is provide feedback via an Error Report

To submit an Error Report: Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userEYf2vBLjfK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi Bill - thanks! I wasted an hour this morning (13 Jan, 2022), after a Samsung update, trying to sort out my Calendar's new very boring light grey boxes - hardly distinguishable from the background. Saw your tip, and also somebody's comment that it didn't work, but thought "Hey, nothing to lose!" Anyway I cleared my Calendar App's cache, and Bingo when I restarted the App, it was back to normal; I'm so relieved! Thanks again.

MiamE1952
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

How can we convince Saumsung to restore this feature? If possible.

0 Likes
Wanita
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Please change the calendar back! I will have to switch if this isn't rectified soon.
0 Likes