JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calibrating laser AF S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
According to the Samsung documentation on ifixit on page 10 (link below) it mentions Self Repair Assistant app to calibrate sensors after completing a self repair. 

In this case, I replaced the back glass on my S21 Ultra with genuine Samsung glass which in the documents I think says you should recalibrate the laser AF sensor since the back glass also includes the camera bump.

I cannot find anywhere online or in galaxy and Google play stores to get this software. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I've been wanting to try the dbrand cases but I normally stay with the silicone Samsung cases I would just run the Diagnostics in the Member app to see if everything comes back good and if they do I wouldn't worry about it.  I've watched a ton of tear down and repair videos and they've never mentioned the app even the official repair video doesn't mention it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDEav2oYqTo

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

8 Replies
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S21
This is whatbi found on ifixits website
https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/774346/Where+can+I+find+the+Self-Repair+Assistant+app
But I found a link to it but it seems to be region locked

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I found a link to the app(?) and tried multiple times connecting to it even with setting my date to Oct 2022 to no avail

https://galaxystore.samsung.com/error/4002?cc=USA1714365498664.jpg
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S21
I know they were making an app evidently, but it hasn't been released in the US yet, all I can say is run the diagnosis in this app under support to see if everything is working correctly

Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
If I didn't read the small print at the bottom of the repair guide page I'd not know or care lol.

It's probably fine but would be nice to do it the "right way" when they release the software in the US.

As a side note the way I broke my 21 was taking it out of a dbrand grip case to charge my watch... The case was stuck so I pryed it harder and crunch.20240428_235852_1000047559_1714366732.jpg20240428_235636_1000047558_1714366596.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S21

I've been wanting to try the dbrand cases but I normally stay with the silicone Samsung cases I would just run the Diagnostics in the Member app to see if everything comes back good and if they do I wouldn't worry about it.  I've watched a ton of tear down and repair videos and they've never mentioned the app even the official repair video doesn't mention it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDEav2oYqTo

Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes diagnostics came back all good after repair, Thanks

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S21

I wouldn't worry about it since the only thing in the back glass is the lense covers everything else is on the phone 

Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
We're being used for ai. I read it and thought it sounded very familiar. It's amazing and crazy at the same time20240429_004554_1000047560_1714369556.jpg
0 Likes