Original topic:

Call & Text From Other Devices Crashes

(Topic created on: 4/17/21 9:59 AM)
scotnsf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Every time I open it. This is an S21 Ultra with a Tab S7. Please advise. Thanks! 
0 Likes
8 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @scotnsf, I hope you're doing well.

Which device does it crash on? On whichever device is experiencing the crash, try the following:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps
  3. Press the Filter button (On the same line as "Your apps") and enable Show system apps and press Ok.
  4. Scroll down and select Call & text on other devices
  5. Press Storage
  6. Clear data 

This should resolve the issue. For good measure, maybe this should be done on both devices. Let me know how it goes!

Take care. 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
scotnsf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi Rydah,

Thanks for your note back. Unfortunately, that fix did not work. The crash is occurring on my phone. The Call & Text From Other Devices app is working just fine on the S7 tablet.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

-Scot

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Does it crash while in Safe mode?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
scotnsf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It crashes in safe mode as well.
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@scotnsf thanks for testing it in Safe Mode. Can you provide me with the following information:

• Current baseband version (Settings >About phone> Software information> Baseband version)
  • Carrier
  • Current version of Call & text on other devices (Settings>Apps>Filter>Show system apps>Ok>Scroll down and select Call & text on other devices> Version (at the bottom)

Please also open up the Galaxy Store app and press the menu button on the top left and select the Updates tab. See if your Call & text on other devices app has an update available. I recall recently having an update available.

Here is a direct link to the app to check for updates if you have any trouble: https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.mdecservice&cId=00000555631...

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Are you getting any error messages when you are trying to connect your S21 to your Tab S7?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
scotnsf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi Rydah, thanks for your reply. Here is the info you requested:
Baseband Version: G998U1UEU2AUC8
Carrier: Google Fi
Call and text from other devices version: 3.2.10.4
0 Likes
scotnsf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Any further thoughts on this? Is there a wider audience we could share this with? Thanks!
0 Likes