Original topic:

Call & Text in other Devices feature missingšŸ˜”

(Topic created: 04-14-2021 04:13 AM)
jayzme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

After buying a galaxy tab s6 and I got a tab 7s 5g the option to use my tablet 

(CALL & TEXT IN OTHER DEVICES) is missing I would leave my phone charging and grab my tablet and all my calls would come through my tablet, I bought a galaxy s21 ultra 256gb and it also doesn't have are we getting it back by any chance or is there a option for me to get it working I currently have a tablet tab s7 5g and galaxy s21 ultra 

Currently running 3.1 up on other 11latest update on the tablet and s21 ultra,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Did you switch carriers?  Verizon and AT&T don't support it.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

20 Replies
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
On the S21 Ultra the option is in settings->advanced features->call and text on other devices.
jayzme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Not in mines. What software you are running am in 3.1ui android 11 thanks for replying

Screenshot_20210414-085237_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
That's weird I have it above continue apps on other devices. I am running android 11 one ui 3.1.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Did you switch carriers?  Verizon and AT&T don't support it.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
jayzme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes AT&T was, didn't know that partšŸ˜

0 Likes
jayzme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I guess my problem is that maybe an app can work as a secondary option
0 Likes
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung allowed Verizon and AT&T to remove the call and text feature so they can push there own text and messaging apps. There is no network compatibility issues that Samsung claims. However with Apple those users still can use that similar feature because Apple would not allow Verizon and AT&T to remove it.

So I am calling you know what to Samsung's claim about it not being compatible with Verizon and AT&T. The call and text feature has zero to do with there networks, heck it doesn't even need there networks. All you need to do is be logged into the same Samsung account on both devices. Samsung are a bunch of liars if they say other wise.
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
One other thing that I know, Verizon also removes your access to Samsung cloud services. Again to push that Verizon cloud services.

Stop lying Samsung. How about you start protecting your consumers like Apple did/does.
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

The Apple monopoly did not "protect" their customers, they "protect" their business.  Right now Apple is in court with a law suit by Epic Games because Apple will not allow Epic to run on an Apple product unless they offer it through the App Store and pay a 30% commission.  There are internal Apple documents being presented as evidence where Apple states, as an example, they will not make an Android Version of Facetime or iMessage because then "Parents would have no reason to buy an Apple phone for their kids"

As for the Cloud, again, this is a business decision by Verizon and AT&T and the way it is supposed to work in America is that the free market will inform companies if their marketing decision was the right one, and if not they will change it.

Personally I don't need to be "Protected" by anyone, I make my own decisions. 

If you want to live in that kind of Ecosystem then buy an Apple Product but Android is open and that's why many of us use it.

Bill
---