Original topic:

Call declined by phone

(Topic created: a month ago)
pitypet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't know why but suddenly whenever my mom tries to call me it won't come through. On my end it reads "blocked call declined by phone" but  haven't blocked her. Her number isn't listed as blocked as I only have two numbers there. I can call her but she cannot call me.  She has health issues and it is very important that she is able to get through to me. Any suggestions? 
Thank you, Sue
0 Likes
11 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Maybe you have her on do not disturb or your phone service has a call filter that may need adjusting
0 Likes
pitypet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you. I will try this first.
0 Likes
KirKuLeeeZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Or possibly blocked her by mistake?
0 Likes
pitypet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I didn't have any blocked numbers.
0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
1. Add her to important contacts. This will allow her calls and texts to come through even if you're in do not disturb mode.
2. Check carrier and make sure her number is clear. Sometimes regular phone numbers are blocked because scammers spoof them.
3. Clear entire blocked numbers list.
4. Clear dalvik cache.
0 Likes
pitypet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm hoping important and favorite are the same thing. I only see a favorite option. I cleared blocked numbers. I have never heard of a Salvia cache. I looked it up and I can't say that I understand it honestly. I need to check with my carrier next. I have Verizon but I bought an unlocked phone to cut back on bloatware. I did some sort of reset which finally allows me to take advantage of 5g services and I'm hoping it fixed the declined number issue. Thank you for the suggestions.
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Aside from the suggestions posted here, try blocking her contact and then unblock her.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
pitypet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Did this. Will wait until tomorrow to see if she can call me. Thank you
0 Likes
pitypet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you all. I tried all the suggestions and hopefully she can get through tomorrow. The last thing I need to do is check with my carrier. It's strange because I bought this phone almost 3 months ago and never had this problem. All of a sudden yesterday she couldn't call me. The only different thing I did was to take the clock off my locked screen. I never set that up either but it just appeared overnight. Strange.
0 Likes