Original topic:

Camera awful. Blurry pics.

(Topic created: 07-21-2021 05:46 AM)
userZiT2Wd18TR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Traded my Galaxy S9+ for a Galaxy S21+. Big mistake! My 9+ took good pics and I upgraded

due to reviews raving about the S21+ camera. Just not true. I have done multiple experiments using

a tripod and continue to get blurry pics from all ranges with rear camera and yet front facing camera

the pics are far superior. I have literally gotten full blur photo's at times using a tripod and remote

control and no movement of subject or phone. I have dome multiple resets as well as using "scene optimizer" both on and off. Also experimented with "tracking auto-focus" on and off modes.

Doesn't matter. Camera blur continues. Lighting doesn't matter either. This phone cost 1k+ and the

camera is inferior. I have used google and found many many S21 owners having the same or similar problems. 

I called Samsung and they told me to take it into the local uBreakiFix. I suspect this is what the phone techs are told to say as clearly there is no fix. Also, why should I have to take a brand new $1K+ phone in for repair?

This is just not right and will not buy another Samsung product unless this is remedied to my satisfaction.

I will be tweeting about this when I have more information.

12 Replies
Carognk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same issue with my phone and ubreakIfix has the worst service ever.
userZiT2Wd18TR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm fairly certain that when I take it to them (uBreakiFix) there will be no change. I suspect this is simply Samsung's protocol due to the many similar complaints they have received. Sort of a stall tactic.

But I have to exhaust all avenues before I go to the next step of possible legal action. If you google this problem there are countless others who have the same or similar complaint in regard to the camera which leads me to believe you and I didn't just get unlucky and receive a "lemon" phone.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userZiT2Wd18TR If you're getting blurry pics while shooting stills from a tripod and there is nothing over your lens then you phone is bad.  Personally the first thing I would try is Safe Mode and if that doesn't help I would do is a Factory Reset without restoring the backup before I let anyone touch my phone for repair.  The only thing any repair place can do without opening the phone is a Factory Reset or a complete re-flash of the phone so you might as well do the reset yourself.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userZiT2Wd18TR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I had already done all you suggested except "safe mode". Just tried and same result.

Front camera clear and crisp while rear is blurry. I also cleared my cache.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Please make sure that there isn't a nearly invisible plastic protector from the factory over your lenses.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userZiT2Wd18TR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I called (uBreakiFix to see exactly what they do. They will open the hone and run a full diagnostic on all hardware etc..

If there is an internal hardware problem they basically send a report to Samsung to either repair or replace depending on the problem.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
You should post pictures of the blur you are referring to. If there's no movement in phone or subject, I suspect you're referring to the shallow depth of field (bokeh). But you should post examples first.
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried it in safe mode? 

submit an error report on samsung members app > + button > error report if you think it's a software issue

0 Likes
Alex94
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here, I have three days left to trade in my old phone and keep my S21 ultra and I'm ready to just send the S21 Ultra back. The only reason I chose this phone was the raving camera reviews and if my dog so much as turns his head the detail is nonexistent. The fact that my old Pixel 3 takes motion shots with more detail than the S21 Ultra says a lot to me about the camera quality. Especially for the price of this phone.
0 Likes