Original topic:

Camera flipping

(Topic created: 05-07-2021 09:38 PM)
Mizzhel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I recently bought the S21 plus 5g.  Loving the phone but hating that when I take video or when I use single take....my videos flip upside down.  I dont turn my phone amd everything looks fine.  That is until I do the playback and its upside down for part if not all of the video.  If I edit and rotate right side up, parts that were upright are now flipped.  Any ideas, very frustrating 😕
0 Likes
2 Replies
Pablo3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

It seems an issue related to the camera motion sensors. Sometimes the phone does not detect that you have move the phone is some position and record video with the wrong orientaiton (eg., you turn the phone horizontal but the camera records vertical video because it did not detect that you flip the phone).

Do some tests with the Auto-Rotate feature on and off, and see what happens. Also, check the way you flip the phone, maybe you do it in such a particular way that makes the phone to struggle in detecting the flipping.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Good ideas from Pablo, I would also try clearing the cache for the Camera app by going to Settings>Apps>Camera>Storage>Clear Cache

0 Likes