Original topic:

Camera not working after update

(Topic created: 12-02-2021 06:48 AM)
user8zP6iVUXmc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
So I just updated my S21 Ultra to the latest update and the camera will not take pictures. Rebooting the phone and factory wiping it didn't help. Any suggestions? I used the camera every day till the update yesterday through AT&T.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Settings > Apps > Camera

Force Stop, then Storage Clear Cache ... and maybe Clear Data
??
0 Likes
user8zP6iVUXmc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I wiped the device. I'm gonna assume it's a software issue and nothing else. I'm gonna reach out to Samsung and see what's the next step. It worked fine till the update.
NavyAg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Look at the camera permissions. Mine did the same thing after the One UI 4 update, with the camera just displaying a black screen even though all the settings were still visible. I was not about to do a Master reset as suggested by some but I did perform the clear cache and repair apps to no effect. I found the camera permissions off and once I switched it back on, all worked fine. I just wish that my phone would quit it's random rebooting ever since that update.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

is the camera force closing or crashing? do you see any error message or is the camera just not turning on.

Check on other apps such as Snapchat, WhatsApp, FB, etc. to see if the camera works there.

It may be the camera module is having issues if it's not working on any of the apps.

In such case, have the camera checked at an authorized repair center.

If it's not a hardware issue, then submit error report to samsung members app after reproducing the issue. 

samsung members app > get help tab > error report.

0 Likes
user8zP6iVUXmc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I fixed it. After wiped it the second time, the Camera Access button option showed up in the quick panel. I turned it on and it worked. Phone is snappier and battery seems to last longer also.
0 Likes