Original topic:

Camera recording failed, exclamation mark icon for files in gallery

(Topic created: 08-09-2021 02:40 AM)
userhDxToAfjgb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have been experiencing an issue multiple times a day where all the pictures in my gallery appear with an icon that has an exclamation mark. I am unable to take a screenshot because when I try it tells me it can't take a screenshot due to privacy settings. When I go to file manager, it's completely blank, no folders or files.
I am also unable to record videos. I get a "Warning, Recording failed." message. I am also unable to view media files (images, audio, etc) in WhatsApp or record audio messages. This all happens at the same time. When I restart my phone the error is temporarily resolved.

I have cleared my cache partition, disabled developer options and factory reset my device but the issue still persists. 

Any solutions to my problem?
0 Likes
5 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

could you share your device's model number and the software version?

Did this start after an update or maybe a new app installation?

I would try a few things or simply contact the Samsung Members after reproducing the issue for convenience.

Boot the device in safe-mode (instructions can easily be googled if you've never done this before) and see if it's working okay.

Try using Nice Catch app to see what is acting abnormally.

Is your device business device by any chance? or are you possibly using Secure Folder?

If you decide to submit report to Samsung Members, submit the issue one per ticket... or else your submission will get rejected since they can't categorize properly

0 Likes
mrdeathblow
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Well i dont know but can you help me my phone has no audio when i record whats up with that my volume is up so what am i doing wrong
0 Likes
user2Dhybo0k9h
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
After doing everything recommended except device reset, since several claim that did not work, safe mode camera gets the same message, camera failed, I've found hundreds of people who have the same problem
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, I am sorry to hear of your issues with Camera failure and Gallery pictures. We will need for information to assist you better beyond troubleshooting. 

If you are able, please send me a private message, either by clicking onto my profile and clicking Send a Message, or using this link: https://bit.ly/3hzZfw8

Please make sure to include the following information for the most expedient assistance in the private message:

Full Name:

Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Model Code:

Serial/IMEI Number:

0 Likes
user2Dhybo0k9h
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Sure thing, once I get home
0 Likes