JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can I unblock Short Codes?

(Topic created: 11-30-2023 09:08 AM)
Dobeluvr
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

How do I unblock a short code which I cannot see? 

My Pharmacy sends text messages regarding refills but suddenly in the last couple of weeks I am not receiving those but do receive from other short codes. 
I called the pharmacy's tech support and they show that messages are transmitting but sadly they are not getting to me.
 I called my cell phone provider and they have no way to unblock short codes because they can't see those. 
Finally the suggestion was it has to be a setting on my phone. I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this. Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
Great! If you don't mind, can you select my solution as the accepted solution? Also, I much prefer Google messages purely because of how it looks compared to Samsung messages. Gboard, on the other hand, is just better than Samsung keyboard in so many different ways. (I didn't mean accept this one as the solution. The solution was; go to settings > block numbers and spam > blocked messages)

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Which messages app do you use? Google messages or Samsung messages?
0 Likes
Dobeluvr
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Alright, go to settings > block numbers and spam > blocked messages and see if they're in there.
0 Likes
Dobeluvr
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
All my missed messages are there. How do I unblock?
0 Likes
Dobeluvr
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok I unblocked so thank you. Question: what do you think of using Google messaging instead of Samsung?
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
Great! If you don't mind, can you select my solution as the accepted solution? Also, I much prefer Google messages purely because of how it looks compared to Samsung messages. Gboard, on the other hand, is just better than Samsung keyboard in so many different ways. (I didn't mean accept this one as the solution. The solution was; go to settings > block numbers and spam > blocked messages)
0 Likes
Dobeluvr
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the help and tips. I'll switch to both. Marked as accepted solution.
Dobeluvr
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
I think it's Google
1701365629790.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Dobeluvr That is Samsung messages app.