JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't access apps from search menu

(Topic created: 03-31-2022 08:51 AM)
SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I hide some of my apps from the main app menu and now when i search for them to use them it shows the app but when I press it, the toast message says "menu not currently available". This is since the update yesterday. Anyone else experiencing this? And is there a quick fix? Now I have to unhide to use them which is annoying...
19 Replies
userdaz4h4EAs4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
What other setting did you change? I have the same issue.
0 Likes
SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Please see response to user above. Basically the only option in that section that i don't have on now is to show downloads.
0 Likes
Jediknight36
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same issue but I have all finder options selected. None of the apps I search for show up, and instead I get that same error message of "menu not currently available". 
0 Likes
SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's weird. Sometimes that still happens but only when i use the recent search options. If i search it over again in the search bar at the top it usually works. Maybe switch them all off then turn on one at a time?
0 Likes
Jediknight36
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Actually I think I'm having a similar, but not quite the same problem. This is happening to me when I search for them them in settings.
SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh ok. I just long press on the app and press the "i" to get to the app settings. I'm not sure what changes you'd need for that.
0 Likes
user3UXoEshe18
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I turned on show suggested setting and show hidden apps and still get a response menu not available.  Any other suggestions?  Galaxy s21 android 12

SwtB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I still get it sometimes too but only when I'm selecting one of the recent search options. If i search it again it comes up. Not sure what would help otherwise.
0 Likes
userCax97u7miM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

This is the 3rd post i've seen on this issue with 0 response from Samsung, what a joke the so-called support is. I'll be switching to iPhone next year I've had it up to the neck with this laggy bs.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

This is a user community supported message board and Samsung only occasionally drives by here.  If you want direct Samsung support, submit an error report via the Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes