Original topic:

Can't double click to turn off

(Topic created: 11-28-2022 10:04 PM)
Macushla
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Somehow my phone got updated, I didn't do it, and now I can't double-click to turn it off. I saw other posts that tried to address this but none of their suggestions work. When I try to respond it says I need to verify my email but I never received an email to do this and there is nowhere in my account to do this. I'm very frustrated because there are other little changes that really bother me but not being able to double-click is more than annoying, it makes it difficult. HELP!!!!!!!

9 Replies
King-Xavi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
have you tried settings and turn on that setting if reboot your phone
you got the new UI 5
Macushla
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying. If you are talking about double tap to turn off, that is turned on. I have a Galaxy S21. I tried a safe boot by pressing the power button but nothing happens when I press it. I've tried zoom, which doesn't work, none of the suggestions worked.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Macushla Can you provide more clarification? What are you trying to turn off? 

bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Check Settings->Advanced Features->Side Key->Power Off Menu=ON

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Pablomx2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey brother! Are you sure you're tapping on an empty area of the home screen?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Double-touch the screen, not double click
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Check

Settings->Advanced Features->Motions and Gesturtes->Double Tap to turn off screen

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Macushla
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

All the things everyone suggested to be turned on are turned on. I used to be able to double-touch a blank spot on the screen to turn the phone off but ever since it updated I can no longer do this. I now have to turn the phone off by pressing the power button. There is also an arrow pointing up between the app icons and the bottom row that was not there before. Nothing happens when I press it. It's a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, model number SM-G991U.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Try Clearing the One UI Home app cache

Bill
---
0 Likes