Original topic:

Can't hide assistant menu with UI 3

(Topic created on: 4/22/21 7:12 PM)
user2BMYfVImbK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Ever since new UI was rolled out I can no longer hide the assistant menu icon. You can force it to be an edge icon, but you still touch it bringing up a pop up right in the middle of whatever you were doing. 

Previous thread on this was marked as solved even though its NOT solved. Forcing us to display it as edge icon that gets opener accidentally isn't fixing anything. 

All I want to do is use single tap to swipe for calls, alarms, etc and since this was moved to assistant menu I have to turn on assistant menu for this, which in turn forces me to display the assistant menu edge icon with no ability to hide this icon (allow assistant menu to run in background).

Please fix this Samsung!!!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Lulu1116
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried going to the Assistant Menu settings where you can choose which items are in your assistant menu, you can switch it to tap instead of swipe, control the transparency and size of it or turn if off completely? This kinda sounds like what you're looking for??
0 Likes
user2BMYfVImbK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
U can set transparency of icon to as transparent as you want making it nearly invisible, but the button is still there and if you tap it the assistant menu pop up opens. It's always getting in the way. Yes that's where I have to go in order to enable tap to swipe but doing so forces the menu icon to always display on the screen with no way to hide it any longer. U used to be able to tap and hold on the icon and drag it to a garbage can to remove it completely from the screen even though it continued to run in the background. Even that was annoying as you had to do that every time you rebooted ur device. 2 years ago there was no icon at all that displayed when you enabled assistant menu, just a persistent notification that you could completely mute/hide so that didn't display. Then Samsung broke that where you could no longer get rid of the notification. They eventually added the icon to replace the persistent notification but forced u to remove it each start up. Now we can't even do that
0 Likes