Original topic:

Can't not set default browser.

(Topic created: 12-04-2021 06:49 AM)
Nnbadboy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I use different browsers for different tasks. Normally I don't set a default browser and when I click a link it USED TO bring up all my installed browsers for me to choose. Now on android 12 using my S21 Ultra that option is no longer available. I have gone and reset defaults tried to disable Chrome only to have samsung take over. I don't want to have a default set. Is there something I can do to bring back the selection menu?
12 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
You can try to open the settings for your applications and then click on the default application settings and then click on the opening links settings and then you will see a list of instant apps then scroll down to each of the browsers and then click on clear defaults to see if that helps
Nnbadboy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you. But that changes what is opened. That doesn't change the default browser action. What you are describing is I click a target link it opens target.com on a browser instead of the target app. That's great except when that happens I want it to ask me what browser I want to use to open target.com.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
It will work if you disable Chrome it will bring up the list option, navigate to Chrome, and click on the clear default icon Screenshot_20211204-114708_Android System_2355_1638636428.jpg
0 Likes
Nnbadboy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Disabled Chrome and it made samsung internet the default browser. And there's no way to disable samsung
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
You have to clear the Samsung internet browser so that every single browser application is cleared Screenshot_20211204-115611_Settings_2356_1638636971.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
It is also a possibility that Android 12 requires to have a default browser application set,
0 Likes
Nnbadboy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ding..... disable Chrome, re-enable Chrome, navigate to default apps, opening links, scroll to samsung internet and clear defaults. This won't work if Chrome is still disabled. Thanks all.
0 Likes
Nnbadboy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Mix of all. Chrome doesn't appear under opening links so you have to set or disable it so you can clear it from samsung internet. This is just too much work to have a choice what browser you want to use. Wow
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I can fully understand why you want to use different browsers, I also use different apps for certain websites