Original topic:

Can’t switch Verizon network from 5G to 4G

(Topic created: 07-03-2021 01:18 PM)
userAlUcvX1vYG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (Verizon network). All works well, EXCEPT for the 5G feature. My area has a very unstable and inefficient 5G set up at this point. The network setting defaults at Automatic. When I try to change the network setting to Manual, the Samsung does NOT give me a choice to change to 4G or LTE.

There is NO APP, NO PATCH, and NO WAY that Samsung has a fix for this at this time. Why was it removed from the new phones? WHY CAN’T I SWITCH TO A NETWORK THAT ACCOMMODATES A BETTER SIGNAL ON MY PHONE, UNTIL THE LOCAL 5G NETWORKS CATCH UP???

At the very least, Samsung should offer an update to fix this network problem on the Manual setting. ASAP.  I know of several other people who are now expressing the same frustration, after having spent $800+ for the Galaxy S21. iPhone 12 users who have similar problems with 5G in our area are able to choose an alternate network on their phones. PLEASE, SAMSUNG, do something!  We are losing calls and texts, or incoming calls are getting sent immediately to voice mail. This is unacceptable, and makes it difficult for me to want to stay loyal to Samsung.

5 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
What do you have under Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks, Network Mode?
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
My S21 is stuck too! Grrr! Rare to get 5G. At least give us 4G or LTE options?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userAlUcvX1vYG 

Some folks have been using this app with success to select 4g.

Solved: Re: Switch to LTE from 5G in Verizon - Samsung Community - 1739214

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userAlUcvX1vYG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you. Do you know whether this app is an official Samsung app, or is it a private one?  Verizon tech suggested I not install any network app unless it is a Samsung app…

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Probably a 3rd party app
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes