Original topic:

Can't turn off secure folder notifications

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 03:52 AM)
RnRRPh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
App settings has disabled the 'turn off notifications' switch. Nothing i can do will let me turn it off!

6 Replies
RobXbalboa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
When the notification pops up again. Pull down and long press it. The. You'll see an option to silent or turn off the notifications from secure folder
0 Likes
Schred
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I will try again, but pretty sure I tried this and drop down menu only allows a delay of 2 hours, no option to turn it off!
None1234567890
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Please let us know how to turn off, it is so annoying.
0 Likes
RobXbalboa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
See I swiped down on the notification. Then I long pressed it. Now it gives me these options.
If this fixes it for you can you mark the answer as solution. As to help the next guy. ThanksScreenshot_20220926_103031_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
Baby4headAutographer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Its an android system notification...its greyed out and wont let you select turn off notifications. It is for the samsung secure folder.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

You can un-install the secure folder to get the messages to stop.  if you want to continue using secure folder, then you will have to tap on the notification, and login.  this only has to be done once per startup, so is not as annoying as users on here seem to make it out to be, but if taking .5 seconds out of your day when restarting your device bothers you so much, follow these steps to permanently remove this feature:

Go into the secure folder.

Tap the 3 dot menu on the right

Go into Settings

Go into More Settings

Tap on Uninstall, and confirm the un-install.

After this is done, you will no longer have the notification upon startup (or a place to hide apps and pictures).

0 Likes