Original topic:

Cannot remove notification for one app, keeps turning on?

(Topic created: 07-11-2022 07:13 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21

I have an app call Navbar Apps which only makes navigation bar at the bottom of the screen black.

It shows a constant notification such as Navbar Apps is drawing over other apps.

I know it and I want to turn off this notification. I can snooze it for up to 2 hours and if I go to notification settings, I can find this notification and turn it off, but as soon as I leave the page the notification is back.

How can I remove this one notification permanently. I don't about and don't want to see it ever again.

Thank you.

I thought I should mention that the notification is from Android System not the app itself.

Screenshot_20220711-111933_Settings Small.jpg

Screenshot_20220711-113803_Settings Small.jpg

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Sounds like a malware app uninstall it do a search in the settings menu for navbar app once you find it uninstall it
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't think its malware, this is from Android System for a legit app, I just want to turn it off. I added a screenshot of what the notifications setting look like. Everything I turn it off it just comes back. No app should be able to control Android system notifications.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Options
Galaxy S21

That setting is what I am trying to use. It got broken with Android 12, it may have starting working again, but it is definitely broken again. There is a new option to snooze for up to 2 hours, but that is not helpful. Thanks.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Could you not just disable all notifications right there on top? It doesn't give any notifications of importance anyway. Or is that the one that has changed to a two.hour limit?
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, I am turning it off, but as soon as I leave it is back on. I added the page before this one with the main section for  display over other apps. I did notice that if I disable the global display over other apps above it it does work, but it disabled for all apps. I want to disable for this one trusted app.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I recommend contacting the developer about the issue. I don't think it's on Samsung's end, but more the app developer not keeping up with new releases very well. The app was last updated in 2019 after all.