JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra unable to register on Verizon service using the eSim

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 01:40 PM)
userkHtoyrPVqH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Ordered an unlocked S22 Ultra phone that shipped directly from Samsung.  The phone could not be connected/registered with the Verizon service using the eSim card.  I worked extensively with Verizon (6 hours) and Samsung (1.5 hours) attempting to resolve the issues. There was no indication that Verizon nor Samsung would solve the problem in the short-term allowing the simultaneous use of both the eSim for Verizon and the physical Sim for local use when traveling to foreign countries.  A solution was offered to add a physical Verizon Sim card which would totally defeat the purpose of having an eSim at all.

This experience with the S2 Ultra has been very disappointing and has not worked for me as advertised.  I am returning the phone and will not reorder until such time as this issue has been clearly resolved.  I am not certain how to even know when this issue is resolved.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ILoveZojirushi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I purchased an unlocked S22 Ultra at a local retail store and had no issue starting new service with Verizon using the eSIM. I will note that the number to use is not the super-long EID (the number that starts off looking like an ICCID w/ 8904...) but rather the "IMEI (eSIM)" number which is shown in "Settings>About Phone" underneath the normal IMEI.

If you were trying to activate over the phone, I'd strongly recommend going into a local Verizon store and seeing if they can activate using the eSIM there. No QR code was required, he simply input the information and did everything from his tablet within a few minutes.

I certainly hope you are able to resolve the issue.

View solution in context

12 Replies
exmotoeng
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same issue with a new unlocked S22.  It appears that the main issue is that Verizon Wireless is not supporting the eSIMs in the S22 series.  In other words, they are continuing to undermine the ability to use unlocked phones, other than Apple, who are apparently the only people willing to stand up to Verizon Wireless.  Can't believe Verizon Wireless is still pulling this in this day and age.

userSCkVCBcKYB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yup true! Apple unlocked phones have full functions with Verizon but not android
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
You bought a Unlocked phone from Samsung to work on Verizon who doesn't want to support Esim but blame the company that makes the phone that supports Esim. No need to return it I feel it is a great device, maybe switch carriers since TMobile and At&t support it, don't let the options of your network provider is a reason to change, but feel as you need to. If it's just about the sim vs the 1 phone experience give it a chance.
0 Likes
userRcHKomNlmk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I was able to activate my unlocked S22 Ultra today on Verizon.  It wasn't as simple as activating on an iphone.   The Verizon rep tried numerous times having me restart the phone, and he said that the esim appeared to be active on his end, but it wasn't on mine.  He then emailed a QR code to scan.  It wouldn't scan using through the sim card settings, even though it is supposedly set up to do just that.  Instead, I had to just open the camera and scan it that way.  It connected right away, and after a phone restart, it was working, along with the physical sim card with a different number.  

0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

I tried this exact technique with my S22+ on Verizon and it didn't work for me.

userx0UXZjYCZh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Was it in different carriers or same carriers

0 Likes
Solution
ILoveZojirushi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I purchased an unlocked S22 Ultra at a local retail store and had no issue starting new service with Verizon using the eSIM. I will note that the number to use is not the super-long EID (the number that starts off looking like an ICCID w/ 8904...) but rather the "IMEI (eSIM)" number which is shown in "Settings>About Phone" underneath the normal IMEI.

If you were trying to activate over the phone, I'd strongly recommend going into a local Verizon store and seeing if they can activate using the eSIM there. No QR code was required, he simply input the information and did everything from his tablet within a few minutes.

I certainly hope you are able to resolve the issue.

tgrubbeVZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having the same issue, here's my post from vz community forums, 

Hi, I am having the same issue. March 30th I submitted an AYS ticket to get my s22 ultra esim working with vz and it was not closed until the 10th of april. I successfully activated my esim on the ultra on the 8th or 9th with regular customer service somehow after having to explain to him how esim works. There are no remarks on the ays ticket as to what the fix is which is obnoxious. I attempted to activate my s22 plus on the 9th or 10th with no luck, submitted a ticket and it has been four days with no updates. I also received no contact about the ticket for the ultra yet they updating it stating that I was informed of the resolved status of said ticket, which I clearly was not. Plus customer service got it working prior to the ticket being closed. So I do not know what is going on here. I really would like my esim working as it did in my s21 ultras I had prior to purchasing the s22 ultra as well as plus direct from samsung. I have theorized that verizon doesnt have the esim imei list from samsung to know which imei should be treated which way in the system and they just need to manually add them but Im not entirely sure. Have you gotten anything working or gotten any updates yet?

I also would like to add that as a vz employee, I know for a fact nobody I am able to contact within Verizon knows a single thing about this issue. Someone higher up may, but nobody I can get ahold of.

tgrubbeVZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Has it been resolved yet? 

0 Likes