Original topic:

Cant recieve any verification codes

(Topic created: 09-28-2021 02:14 AM)
userfd3FHqZv1n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I just got a s21 ultra, and I can't receive any verification texts from any apps.

I can receive texts from others, but no codes. I can't set up any of my banking stuff without receiving these codes and I'm going crazy. 

I have reset the whole phone, reset network settings, cleared blocked numbers, and spent half a day talking to my service provider to make sure all my message settings are normal. 

Some one PLEASE help me!!!

7 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Take sim card out
Power on and wait for 5 minutes
Insert sim card and test
If not
Enter message center number manually
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Also... some banks.. and accounts...will allow you to email yourself the code for verification... see if yours will.. and use this until you get the text messages worked out
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

You likely don't have short codes enabled.

You need to allow short codes in Texts.

• Navigate: Settings Settings icon > Apps.
  • Tap the 3 Dot Menu icon Menu (upper-right).
  • Tap Special access.
  • Tap Use Premium text message services.
  • Tap the Messages App app then select an option:
    Ask
    Never allow
    Always allow

If this doesn't work then call your carrier and make sure that you're provisioned to receive short codes.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
AshHeid
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm not sure if you will see this but I get all the way to the use premium text message services but when I click it there are no other options at all it just opens and it's empty. Any advice? Thank you!
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I can see how this can be frustrating. I recommend making sure your phone is up to date. I recommend trying to swap out your sim card. I recommend that you try clearing the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
If you can't see the options, call your carrier as they may have it disabled.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Samboni
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Were you able to fix this? I'm having the same issue 😕
0 Likes