Original topic:

Card not supported for trade-in transactions?!

(Topic created: 07-11-2021 02:39 PM)
userFAVhhkst2n
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

So, I'm trying to trade in my Galaxy Note 20 for the Galaxy S21 Ultra using the try now pay later option. My affirm loan gets approved and it immediately sends me to Samsung to complete the order, but before it does, it errors out saying "Card is not supported for trade in transactions, please enter a valid credit card". First off, it is all typed in just right. Secondly, I have used this card a couple times in this last year for trade in's and it has been just fine. I have talked to customer support, order support, technical support, ANY kind of support that I can think of and NO ONE has an answer for me why this isn't working! This is the most frustrated I have ever been trying to purchase a new phone! Has anyone else had this issue purchasing their phone? If so, how did you go around it? I just want my phone 😞

6 Replies
userpoGhmJ1dMZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Any chance of your Note 20 not being allowed to be the trade?
If you talk to Samsung support and they don't know why or what is going on, I got one word for you: SUPERVISOR please and of course you need to be nice about it, or they might hang up on you.?..and if that person doesn't have the right answer go for it again: it is called customer service satisfaction department. But mind you, you can only get there from a SUPERVISOR.

It can be a pain as I went through a rough time back in February about my S10 plus. In short received an update and it killed my phone, received a new one and it worked fine until the first update, fried again. Received the new replacement and traded it in VIA SAMSUNG (on the phone) FOR A S21 ULTRA. But it did take a while on the phone w/ them.
NOT trying to rub it in, but you will LOVE the S21 ultra I am still learning about mine, and all the things that you can do.
Good luck
Dskyline
0 Likes
userFAVhhkst2n
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

No, my Note 20 is allowed to be traded in. they're trying to say it has something to do with my card that I have used multiple times on their website now apparently not being supported. I am going to try the calling support route again because all support has been doing is "escalating my ticket" further. It's obviously getting nowhere...

Ugh, I know. I've been in love with it since they debuted it lol 

0 Likes
userpoGhmJ1dMZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Keep Pushing it up the supervisor ladder! It does work, I went through the same process with the tickets and all also.
Don't get "mad" at them (even though you want to), but you have to be the nice one and at some point someone will make it happen for you!!!!
0 Likes
cpiet89
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've pushed as far as I can up the supervisor ladder as they'll let me, which had them create an urgent ticket. They got back to me this morning with this... I've used other payment methods. I'm so close to just getting an apple product out of protest. I don't know how much longer I can beg them to take my moneyScreenshot_20210713-114709_Gmail.jpg
0 Likes
AngieDee0912
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm curious if I'm having the same problem with my Note10 us. Did the update mess up your phone's ability to read the SIM card causing zero connection in places it used to connect w/o issue?
0 Likes
ChuckJay
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problem when trying to trade in my galaxy tab s6 for the s7. It refuses to take any card for this
0 Likes