Original topic:

Certain audio crackling through bluetooth in my vehicle

(Topic created on: 3/14/21 1:46 PM)
user7xfvHPVbx8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having an issue with crackling in the audio through the bluetooth in my truck (Head unit is a Pioneer AVH-2330nex, which I have updated to the latest firmware through this troubleshooting process). All of my music has been downloaded from Itunes, most of my music was transferred to my S21 from my S9 and all of that audio sounds great. Since buying the phone i have downloaded 2 more albums from itunes and put them on my S21 and they are the only 2 albums that have really bad crackling through only the bluetooth in my truck. I have tried other bluetooth devices, Polk sound bar, Samsung sound bar, JBL flip 5 speaker and those 2 albums play just fine, unless i play audio through my truck then try to pick up on that same song on another bluetooth device without skipping songs the audio will continue to crackle playing out of the phone speakers or any other device until I change songs. I have redownloaded the albums multiple times, transferred them to my phone with multiple cables, cleared the bluetooth cache and "forgot" bluetooth from both my S21 and the Pioneer head unit, still no luck. I have also connected bluetooth from my computer to my truck and it sounds perfect, so my only thought is it has to be something with the Galaxy S21. This is really frustrating, so thank you for any help in advance.

0 Likes
8 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
What music app are you using?
0 Likes
user7xfvHPVbx8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am using the Samsung music app. I just downloaded another new album from itunes, put it on my S21 and tried it in my truck and the same crackling happened. I even tried uploading some of the songs to my phone via bluetooth and some via usb and still both had the same issue.

0 Likes
user7xfvHPVbx8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I also tried multiple other apps to see if that was the issue and all other apps played those same albums crackly in my truck but no where else... 

0 Likes
user7xfvHPVbx8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I just tried the same albums on my girlfriends Galaxy S20 and had the same issue... so now i am really stumped... could it maybe be an itunes issue and not samsung..?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I would recommend reaching out to Apple to verify their compatibility with Samsung devices.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwkVwJ11e1P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This is a Samsung issue. The audio codex need updating. The issue shows on my S21, S10 5G, but not on my S8. The only work around I found that worked was converting the m4a format to mp3. Samsung need to fix this issue not Apple.

0 Likes
userarzYzcgNVd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same exact issue with my S10 Plus. Only music transferred in the last few months crackles. all music that was on the phone before that plays perfect still. I have tried to re transfer the albums that crackle to the phone with different cables and different speed usb ports but there is no difference. it crackles on every bluetooth device I have. my Beats Pro ear buds, my Dodge Ram factory nav/radio, my Pioneer MVH-2300NEX headunit in my Dodge Charger, ect.... I even considered upgrading phones to fix the issue, but if you are having the same issue on an S21 I guess I will just try your workaround of converting the files to MP3 before transfer and hope they fix the issue in a future update.

0 Likes
userX35VzWIrec
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having the same issue with .WAV playback via Bluetooth on my s21 ultra 

0 Likes