JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Change browser to Firefox as default browser.?

(Topic created: 11-23-2021 03:49 PM)
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

New to smart phone and new to S21 Ultra.

I want to change browser to Firefox as default browser. How do I do this?

I want to download Malwarebytes (I already have an account w/ Malwarebytes for my PC). How do this?

I'd like to be able to use the phone (not to make calls, but to download apps, etc. by using my Internet connected router's wi-fi. Can I do this, and how?

Thanks for reading and for any suggestions.

20 Replies
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to settings > Apps > Choose default apps > and you should be able to choose your default browser on there

Screenshot_20211123-182809_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20211123-182817_Permission controller.jpgScreenshot_20211123-182802_Settings.jpg
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks! I successfully downloaded Firefox and installed it. It shows up in apps, and I set it as default browser app. BUT, when I open the 'internet' icon (a small white planet with a blue ring around it), the internet comes up with a Google browser. How do I get Firefox to come up instead of Google?

CindyC62
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes that works !
0 Likes
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I went there, but only options were Chrome and Samsung browser. How do I get Firefox?

Thanks

PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you downloaded and installed Firefox app onto your your phone yet?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox
0 Likes
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks! I successfully downloaded Firefox and installed it. It shows up in apps, and I set it as default browser app. BUT, when I open the 'internet' icon (a small white planet with a blue ring around it), the internet comes up with a Google browser. How do I get Firefox to come up instead of Google?

0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
The icon with the small planet called Internet is actually the Samsung browser. To open Firefox you will need to go find it in your app drawer look for the"Firefox" icon. You can long press on it and you can add it to your homescreen.
0 Likes
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks again.

I added Firefox to my home screen and I previously selected it as my default browser, BUT whenever I open the internet (using the 'Samsung Internet' icon, Google appears. I want Firefox to come up instead of Google. On my PC I use Firefox and on the phone, I want to set my options on the Firefox screen.

I appreciate your reading and any further suggestions.

0 Likes
Solution
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh you will want to use the Firefox icon to get into Firefox. You can move the internet icon elsewhere or even delete it from your home screen and just put the Firefox icon to where the internet icon use to be. Setting default browser only tells the phone which app you want to use when you click on a hyperlink/weblink
0 Likes