JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Change browser to Firefox as default browser.?

(Topic created: 11-23-2021 03:05 PM)
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

New to smart phone and new to S21 Ultra.

I want to change browser to Firefox as default browser. How do I do this?

I want to download Malwarebytes (I already have an account w/ Malwarebytes for my PC). How do this?

I'd like to be able to use the phone (not to make calls, but to download apps, etc. by using my Internet connected router's wi-fi. Can I do this, and how?

Thanks for reading and for any suggestions.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Once again, thanks, and thanks for your patience.

So I open Firefox (instead of 'Samsung internet') and what comes up is a Google search engine page, NOT a Firefox browser page.

This is very frustrating -- I want to browse with Firefox and have the various options I use on my PC available to me on the phone.

0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
can you show the home page that opens when you open Firefox? the default one should look like this Screenshot_20211124-155032_Firefox.jpg
0 Likes
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks.

I don't know how to take a screen shot like you've done.

Anyhow, I figured out the problem -- it was the "jump back in" feature. I turned it off. Now seems this particular problem solved.

PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
you can take screenshots on your device by pressing the power button and volume down at the same time, hold both buttons for a second and it will take a screen shot
0 Likes
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks.

0 Likes
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Okay, another question/ problem:

I found I could not use Thunderbird on my phone, so I figured to stick with GMail, which I use already in conjunction with Thunderbird on my PC (as does my wife on her PC). (Thunderbird downloads messages from GMail.)

Well, I want to give the phone to my wife for her to use as her own. So, I have tried to get the phone to look to her GMail account for e-mails. I cannot figure out how to do that. I tried changing things in Google, and in My Verizon, but when I open GMail on the phone, it keeps going to my GMail account and messages, NOT my wife's.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
In the Gmail app you should be able to click on profile icon (should be on top right) and you should be able to add your wife's email account. I would also recommend clicking on you account and removing it as well since you are passing the the phone over to her.

You can also go into settings > accounts and backup > manage account. you should see your Google account/email you can click on it and pick remove account there as well.
0 Likes
user1h4zo5J6sl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

You are the BEST!

I understand your advice. MY CONCERN: I want to continue to have a GMail account inasmuch as I use it for my PC -- I use Thunderbird to import messages from GMail. I am accustomed to that method, it works well for me, and it allows me to access my e-mail (@ GMail.com) from other people's computers. SO, I don't want to lose my long-standing GMail account. Won't this happen to me if I follow your proposed solution?

On to something completely different  : ) -- I like the S21 Ultra feature that allows one to switch back and forth between portrait and landscape modes BUT I cannot how to reliably make that work (by somehow 'twisting' the phone). It seems pretty random and inconsistent in its operation.

Thanks again for you good advice and patience with this Noob!

0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I understand your concern over your Gmail account but removing it from the phone will not affect your thunderbird email client you use on the PC or will it do anything to your emails. You don't need to remove it if you are concerned about it.

For the rotation you have some additional options, if you pull and find your auto rotate toggle you can long press on it and it will take you into the settings.
If you find that auto rotate is inconstant you can always turn it off and turn on the manual rotation which will add a button to your navigation bar at the bottom which will let you rotate between portrait and landscape. Screenshot_20211126-180805_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20211126-180747_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@user1h4zo5J6sl "I want to download Malwarebytes (I already have an account w/ Malwarebytes for my PC). How do this?"

Malwarebytes can be downloaded from the Google Play store. 

0 Likes