Original topic:

Change sound of find my phone when used on watch

(Topic created: 11-25-2023 06:50 PM)
_a-step_
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So it was perfectly fine, matched my phones ringtone, loud and useful. It randomly switched to a very pleasant noise that you cannot hear from anywhere other than right next to your phone. I used to click find my phone and find it. I just clicked find my phone and had to search for a noise somewhere in my home. IT IS TOO QUIET. 

The biggest thing you stupid phone companies need to learn is that if it isn't broken don't try to fix it. You did nothing but make the user experience worse. Having a button I could use to make my phone chime loudly without having a friend call my phone was amazing. Now I'll never use that button, I'll just have someone call my phone because that'll actually work. Wait what if my phones on vibrate??? Then I'll never find it. This is so quiet if my phones lost in the bed I'm in now, whereas before it was loud enough for me to find it anywhere. Get what I'm saying? You literally ruined a useful feature. If it's not broke don't touch it, don't update it, don't mess w it. For God's sake bro. 
12 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Agreed!
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
I will tell you why it happened, your phone came with 2 find my, one from Google and one from Samsung. Android 14/Ui6 removed the one from Samsung, that is the sound file Google uses. It's the same on my Pixel phone.
Not loud enough!
_a-step_
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
You may be right, I'm not gonna lie more than I have, I'm using a flip 3 and have not gotten the ui 6 update yet (I'm scheduled for the 27th of this month according to everything I've read) that said I just did the Nov. security update, 5.1.1. Thinking that may have been it, but I'm not sure. It was very frustrating in the moment as you can tell with my very colorful post
MarZero
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
There's Actually 3. Google:"FindMyDevice" SamsungPhone: "FindMyMobile" and GalaxyWatch: "FindMyPhone" The "FindMyPhone" is the problem. There is no place to change notification sound. The other two you can change sound options under App>notification> Notification Categories.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Find by Google Plays my ringtone and Samsung plays a very loud set of tones. 

A14 and OneUI 6 on a Fold 5

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
HairDznr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I agree, now I can't find my phone anymore cause its too queit!  That was one of the best features of the watch finding my phone cause my phone is always on silent! So, it's not useful anymore. They need to stop messing with thing unless many  user s complain that there is a problem! Stop changing what isn't broke and fix the things that are awful and you get hundreds of complaints about!

userfiTYzLUfdn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I've repeatedly chose the original sound "my ringtone", and it eorks great for tests.  But the 3 times I've really needed it bad it switched without authorization, to a worthless sound that echos strangely in big open spaces.

We had 5 people trying to find the sound for several minutes when it would be instant with my chosen sound.

It should be criminal to be able to remotely render people's safety features useless without even as much as a good reason.

Heaven forbid I ever need to make an emergency call and need to rely on my devices staying the way I've set them up.

0 Likes
Wendyokoopa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It did this to me randomly today on my s23 I purposely chose air raid siren because it was loud and I could hear it 

userjYwk3MXmMY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
The update sucks. I miss my ring tone. Now it's this weird, spacey sort of sound (more K-pax than The Usual Suspects). Just want my **bleep**g ring tone back. Curse the "SmarterThings" and "Find" programmers for making this change. Way to take something good and make it completely useless.