JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Charging block not included

(Topic created: 01-19-2021 05:05 PM)
spencerc3330
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
If you guys haven't noticed the new Galaxy doesn't come with a charging block. We can't let them do that! They probably saw apple was doing it and they were like hey let's do it too! I have tons of charging blocks from previous phones.

I’m all for them not putting chargers in the box, if that means the phone is cheaper. 

But the good thing about Samsung is the actually listen to the customers so we must voice our opinion. Like I said I'm all for it if that means the phone is cheaper, but I'm not sure what they're going for here. 

You need to bring this to their attention.
18 Replies
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userwouEA3DvWz
Constellation
Options
I think that it is premature to not include a charging block with the phone. Sometimes following what Apple is doing is not best for the customers. Not everyone has extra charging blocks. I think it's irresponsible and calloused to say the least! I would like to know who approved this because surely the best interest of the customers were not thought of. Also, who approved not adding in headphones? For the amount of money paid for the phone, it would be wise to add a charging block and headphones. I'm disgusted!
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userwouEA3DvWz 

It's a fair point, but consider this... the price for all variants has decreased by $200 this year (over the last year), and every model comes with a pre-order bonus that customers can use to purchase a charger (wired or wireless) or a case, as well as other things, at a discount! The decision is a cost saving measure, definitely, but we're also seeing those cost saving passed onto the consumer, with lower prices. Is it actually a bad thing? Those chargers and headphones were never free. They were always included in the price, and if people don't need another one, they're saving money. If they do, Samsung is letting you order some accessories as a pre-order bonus.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Options
That 200 dollar price drop still leaves the S21 as a Horrible device. No SD card, no headphones, no headphone jack, no mst, should make a realistic price of $100 more appropriate. As a long time galaxy user I do not want an iPhone clone. Samsung has made this mistake before and obviously learned nothing from it.
userwouEA3DvWz
Constellation
Options
I agree! They are already no match to an IPhone as a Samsung is better in my opinion. My older parents use Samsung devices across the board. At a minimum they want us to use wireless devices and I get that, but not including a block is pure foolishness. What if someone is moving from an iPhone to a Samsung device? Still not the same charging capabilities for fast charging if they use the iPhone block! So they have to buy a Samsung charging block, when it should be included. Makes no sense to me and really it's pathetic!
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userwouEA3DvWz 

But once again, Samsung is giving an accessory credit with every model. The amount is different, but it's enough for a charger, a case, probably a wireless charger too. If someone needs a charger, they should use the credit to get one, but if others don't need another one, they can spend the money on something else. The way I look at it is the company is leaving the choice up to us, not just including chargers and headphones with every device making customers buy those accessories, even if they don't need them. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

lilcountry42
Constellation
Options

I feel we pay for  these accessories when we pay almost $1200 for one of these phones.

lilcountry42
Constellation
Options

I totally agree with you!  When I pay almost $1200 for a device I expect to receive EVERYTHING that's required to make it operational.  This most certainly INCLUDES a charging block!!  

I should also note that the new S21 doesn't come with wired earbuds either as all of the prior models did.  

These two things cost the company so little to include, but go a long way in creating happy satisfied customers who feel like the company did a little something extra for them.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.