Original topic:

Charging cable

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 03:52 PM)
usera30uy4Juva
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I understand Samsung wanting people to reuse their old chargers, but why even include a charging cable with the phone that can't be plugged into a charging block? My cable is the C charging plug on both sides. The dumbest **bleep** I've seen in a long time! I am highly disappointed and upset. This is just another way for them to get more money from people by making them purchase a charger. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
usera30uy4Juva
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It's still useless when you can just use smart switch 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Get some wireless charging pads that accept USB-C.
0 Likes
Jw-83
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Check the box of you still have it. They used to put a USB to usb-c adapters in the box. I use this when I'm out and don't have my brick, I plug
my cord into the adapter and then adapter into a brick with a regular USB port.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

The S21 requires PD 3.0 for super fast charging.  PD, Power Delivery, is a USB-C spec, not USB-A.  USB-C allows for the higher voltage and current needed for the fast charging.

So if you want to use a PD 3.0 compatible charger it's going to be USB-C.  Whether the cable is included for that reason or for transferring data I don't know but I do know that I use the cable both on my charger and for the initial SmartSwitch data transfer from my Moto to Samsung.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes