Original topic:

Charging issue

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 12:44 PM)
Samantha S7Edge
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
My phone has not been charging at all. One day it just died on me and when I tried to charge it  it was not working. I thought it was the cable so I switched it. Yet, it still not worked. Then I tried the wireless charger and it still not worked. I have not dropped the phone or wet it neither do I leave it charging over night. So why is it doing this? It finally charged with a wireless charger my friend had which is not even Samsung related. 
6 Replies
Dunamai77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It is over 7 years old, so it could just be getting old and time for an upgrade. Otherwise, I hope you find a solution! Are you still getting an operating system updates at this point?
0 Likes
Samantha S7Edge
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It's not old actually I just got it March of last year and yes I do get the updates
0 Likes
Samantha S7Edge
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
By the way I don't know why it says here S7. I now have the S21
Dunamai77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh! Sorry, I thought I saw it said s7 edge. I now see you have an s21. I hope you find a solution to this problem. I always recommend only using the original Samsung chargers, and you can buy those from Best Buy or Samsung directly. The chatger needs to produce at least 25w charge for the Super Fast Charging Samsung phones are capable of. Anker also has a great 25W charger just for the Samsung phones, too.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
I had the same thing happen two phones last three months . Had to go buy new one. I need to get info off my old phone , it won't charge or turn on ! **bleep**
0 Likes
Tisme2b
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Sometimes lint & debris get stuck in the charging port. With a toothpick, carefully clean out the charging port.