Original topic:

Check Charger connection

(Topic created: 06-08-2022 01:53 PM)
userZW6kNkxEgW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I just opened up my new Galaxy S21 FE 5G and right off the bat I'm having an issue with charging. When using the type c to type c charger it came with, I get the 'check charger connection' error. I've tried a different type c to type c cable and got the same thing. They also charge my phone extremely slow. Oddly, when trying out a usb to type c cable I dont get the error and it only takes my phone 2 hours to charge instead of 7.

4 Replies
Fireball554
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
The same happened to my stock s20 fe charger. I just used my galaxy buds cable with the charging block that came with my phone
0 Likes
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Check to see if your phone has any software updates. Maybe this will correct the issue?

0 Likes
rrga11
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
If this still happens after updates, if you bought your phone from Samsung, use your warranty to get it fixed or replaced. Don't attempt repairs if you have a warranty because it will be voided.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Wait, you must have used a different power adapter to try the USB-A to C connection.  In that case, assuming that both of your usb c cables are good, it seems like the usb C power brick is bad.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes