Original topic:

Color profile issues

(Topic created: 06-11-2021 02:51 PM)
Eradik8te
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi! 
I just recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy s21 and I'm so disappointed in the color options. I'm coming from an LG G6 with a 1440p display. Although it was slightly blue, the whites were white and and I could hold it next to lightroom on my computer monitor and the color profiles matched. Not the case with the S21. Vivid is awful...much too saturated and jarring, yellows are ridiculously popping and whites are still yellow. Natural is washed out and the whites are dingy. I bought this phone specifically so I could use the camera and lightroom to edit so the lack of correct calibration is frustrating. Is there any way I can fix this issue outside of becoming a developer and inputing adb commands to access other profiles?? Why are their not more advanced options to tweak color on an $800 phone?? Eye comfort shield is off. It's washed out and yellow despite that being off. TIA!
6 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried adjusting the colors on the device?

Go to Settings>Accessibility>Visibility enhancements>Color adjustment>Personalized color

SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

There are two different sets of settings. Underneath Display>Screen Mode>Advanced Settings, you can adjust RGB individually. Aside from that, if you go to Accessibility>Visibility enhancements>Color adjustment>Personalized color, you have a different set of settings allowing you to adjust colors in a different way. I'm not sure that there will be more adjustability than adjusting the RGB settings of the LEDs.

0 Likes
Eradik8te
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi! I've tried personalized color in both vivid and natural modes. Doesn't seem to make much difference at all. The whites are whiter in vivid mode but every other color, especially the reds and oranges are literally florescent! It's a photo editors nightmare! The vivid slider doesn't nothing but fiddle with the warmth. It's already too warm! And the red orange and yellows are on fire! But natural is just too far the other way, washed out, faded, and dingy.
It seems as though Samsung is trying to be stylistic instead of accurate with color. It's pretty upsetting as I expected better calibration with this phone. And if not that at least more detailed controls so the user could fix color. Instead everything seems dumbed down to 6th grade level.
Eradik8te
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've read about developers switching to basic color mode through adb inputs. Any way to access this without having to dabble in developer language and processes? Might there be an update to fix these issues? I've read about a lot of folks taking issue with the color calibration. It's not just me.
userBjXnvReT9S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, 
Just bought a S21 (Base Model) a week ago and I'm also frustrated with the color profile as well.
I tried all the available color profiles through adb and trust me it won't make much of a difference. The adb options are just slight variations of 'vivid' and 'natural'.
I really do hope samsung do address this issue.

0 Likes
Eradik8te
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks! It's frustrating. You'd think at this point in the game, getting the color profile "correct" would be a no brainer. It seems to me like they are too focused on a stylized color profile for maybe younger users. Idk who wants their reds and oranges to be florescent. I never thought I'd want to buy an IPhone until I bought this Samsung. So disappointed!
0 Likes