Original topic:

Constant text messaging issues with Messages and Signal

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 08:04 AM)
Members_Le7upow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have switched to Signal and using it for messaging and noticed at random times it cannot send messages. It will prompt and state that the message could not be sent and check your connection. Thinking this was completely a Signal issue, I switched back to Messages and all seemed to be fine for a couple of weeks. Then all of sudden the same kind of issue came up!

I've tried both on wifi and off (although I don't think SMS goes over wifi?) and I have tried resetting my network settings. Factory settings the phone is something I really do not want to do but I need to be able to communicate with people.

I have a S21 Ultra and on the AT&T network. I have noticed some other posts about SMS issues but they all seem to be varying apps causing the issue but I am starting to wonder if Samsung has a bigger issue with the underlying subsystem for messaging.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
It's a carrier issue. Contact your carrier. It may be dropping your signal. I just realized you have AT&T. They are a carrier and should be able to help you. Samsung has no carrier. You need to bring your own. Contact AT&T
Members_Le7upow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I called them and they are investigating it (it was escalated). I will keep the forum post updated. Thank you!

0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
What are they investigating? It's a simple fix. All they have to do is see if you're their customer and do it from their computer. AT&T does it all the time for their customers.
0 Likes