Original topic:

Craziest customer service experience..

(Topic created on: 2/15/21 2:37 PM)
KoT_6ereMoT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I got my new Samsung S21 Ultra about 2 weeks ago and sent my old phone as a trade-in. I was happy with my new purchase, but started having issues with on-screen buttons and virtual keyboard since day 1. I tried all troubleshooting steps, including factory reset.

I finally called the warranty department. The lady explained to me that since I am within my 15 days, I should just call Sales customer service and have it replaced. I called them. They told me they cannot do that and I should just cancel my order, send it back and order a new one and they will match prices for the same package for a new one. I requested a return and when I tried to place a new one, it said estimate delivery in March, which is unacceptable, since I use my phone all the time for my work and cannot wait a month for a new device. I tried calling few more times and was told that this is the only option.

The funny thing that the sales department kept transferring me to warranty and warranty kept sending me back to sales and both of them refused to connect me to a manager when I asked.

Finally, after all, day of back-and-forth, I thought I found a solution. I placed an order on a lower-end model, the only one that said will be able to get shipped in few days vs a month. Before sending in my return, I called again to see how it will work with my trade-in. I was told that it cannot get transferred to a new device, even though it`s been received and processed already. It will be sent back to me, once they receive the returned device. And, since I won't get my trade-in in time to submit for a new order I will have to cancel my new order or pay full price for it. And when I asked to cancel my new order, they said they can't do it, since it is already in the system and I will need to refuse it , when it is finally shipped.

I am not even sure what to do at this point..

4 Replies
useraaeqLhp1nQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung customer service is a disaster.
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

"I am not even sure what to do at this point.."

You should share what's going on with your phone here and on other boards and hope the user community can help you before you send it off.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Whiddles
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am in the same boat. My S21Ultra does not get mobile networks. I sent my trade-in device in right away. I called SAMSUNG many times to cancel it and deffer it to me which they did in my account. The phone was accepted by Samsung on 2/20/2021 and was never sent back. I called a few times between then and now and all i get is wait 3-4 days after the devices is accepted to get an email to request the device to be returned. 

Then today i get an email from Support saying my phone was "qualified" and they cannot send it back to me. But if I return my defected device now they will credit me the "rate" of my S20 Ultra and i will have to buy a new phone. 

I will not buy another Samsung. OnePlus9 here I come. Never looking back to Samsung again. 

0 Likes
WetBandit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I had a similar experience. I was told to return the GS21 5G and place a order for a new one at full price. Once they accept the return than they can credit me the the trade in value to the new full price order. Seems fine but like you said the new phone will be delivered in March. I have a 2 day window from when the new phone comes and the due date to return the old one. Now i just pray that the new phone is delivered on time. Ohh and make sure to order on a credit card that way if they dont credit you, you can request a charge back with your credit card company.