Original topic:

Cursor Keeps jumping...

(Topic created: 01-01-2023 11:52 AM)
JB444
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Greetings All

My S21 has developed an annoying issue. When typing, for example a new email, the cursor keeps jumping off the words and goes to the bottom of the blank page. So I have to constantly scroll back up to the words I'm typing to see them. I get a few typed and then jumps back to bottom. I've looked at all the settings but have found nothing that affects the cursor behavior for this issue so far. Any suggestions? Is this a setting issue or glitch? Interesting in this form it didn't do it as often, so perhaps affected by where, or which app I'm typing in??

Thanks in advance 
5 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Clear the Samsung keyboard app cache, reboot, and try again.
Fubarahh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
How do I do that?
0 Likes
Livos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I seem to have a similar problem - but on a S7+ tablet and only in certain apps - for a while in "Obsidian", now only in the fastmail app. 

I can see a flicker and find that about 10 empty lines have been added below the cursor and if I ignore it, the message space gets practically spammed and starts to auto-scroll since (from the perception of the system), I no now type somewhere in the middle field and it only happens when I'm using the physical (samsung) keyboard - and yes I have double cleaned the (anyway clean) contacts as well as rebooted the device...

When this bug (or whatever it is) interfered with Obsidian, the effect was different: the whole of the text would suddenly be highlighted - oddly enough ANY further keystroke only un-high-lighted the text and move the cursor...

Noteworthy, maybe: there was recently an update that included something for the keyboard.

I haven't managed find out how to flush the keyboard cash... I'll keep looking... but it seems to me that either is a fine glitch somewhere in what manages the keystrokes...

Louis65
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Starting happening to me following the most recent update. Turning off predictive text is a temporary fix. I hope a permanent fix is forthcoming as I prefer to use predictive text 

Solution
Louis65
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I just replaced the Samsung Keyboard with Google keyboard and that also fixed the problem. Download Google keyboard from the Playstore, install it and you're good to go. Just be aware that has a different appearance with additional features which may be better than the Samsung keyboard. Time will tell.