JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Curved screen coming from middle of phone?

(Topic created: 06-15-2022 04:44 AM)
FallonNichole
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My s21 kinda looks like it's curved with the screen pushing out a little in the middle of the phone.... It's not obvious but I'm sure it's curved and I'm pretty sure it didn't come like that, I know some phones make them curved so they fit in your hand better but I'm pretty sure this one was flat when I first got it, slowly it seemed to curve and it's DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!! any advice on how to flatten it out or????? AHHHH!!!!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I am very sorry to hear of the swelling on your phone. As tom2055 pointed out, it is not normal for it to be pushing out from the middle of the screen, and is possibly a swollen battery. It is best to get it to a service center to be looked at as soon as possible. To find the best place for a walk-in and set up an appointment or find other repair options, visit https://samsung.com/us/support/service and follow the steps to get this resolved as soon as possible. You are free to also call into customer support at 1-800-726-7864 to discuss mail-in service options. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Hmm that doesn't sound normal, I would take it to a nearby service center. Could possibly be the battery swelling
PDESCENZA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I was thinking the same thing. Or did you install a screen protector by any chance? If so, could it be separating from the phone's glass? I'd think it would be pretty obvious if that were the case though. You might see an air pocket. Speaking of screens. Samsung recently announced a $50 screen replacement program. So if the original screen has an issue, you might want to look into the Samsung offer.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I agree. Is it possible you set your phone on a hot, curved surface, like a car dashboard and it got damaged?
FallonNichole
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No screen protectors, and no I didn't set it on any hot surfaces the only thing I can think of I guess is sometimes when I'm playing my games on my phone it does feel like it gets a little hot but surely that wouldn't cause that and it seems like it's getting progressively worse, even though my battery hasn't been getting hot lately it's driving me absolutely crazy to look at it though makes me want to try to bend it back but I'm afraid I'd break the screen and I don't want to do that
0 Likes
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't think gaming would cause it. The best option would probably be to take it to a service center. While It is unlikely it's the battery there's always that possibility that it somehow got damaged
0 Likes
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
May i ask how old is your device, is it under the premium warranty? The battery is located in the bottom 1/3 of your device and that's where you'd feel any extreme heat dissipation coming from your device.

Whether you return it to the place of purchase or use any warranty you'd receive a refurbished device. If that's acceptable to you. Otherwise I'd contemplate upgrading the device and let Samsung enjoy the trade-in you'd be sending them.

That's the only legitimate way you could get money back on the device to use toward a new one IF THAT'S THE ROUTE you seek to resolve this abnormality your experiencing.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I am very sorry to hear of the swelling on your phone. As tom2055 pointed out, it is not normal for it to be pushing out from the middle of the screen, and is possibly a swollen battery. It is best to get it to a service center to be looked at as soon as possible. To find the best place for a walk-in and set up an appointment or find other repair options, visit https://samsung.com/us/support/service and follow the steps to get this resolved as soon as possible. You are free to also call into customer support at 1-800-726-7864 to discuss mail-in service options.