Original topic:

Custom Ringtones and Notifications Sound Files Disappearing

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 07:04 PM)
userxDCmSZCRJA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have downloaded some clips that I've often used for notification sounds and ringtones. They keep getting deleted automatically from my S21, twice now. They will work for awhile then a few days or a week later they're gone. I don't mean just not working when someone calls, I mean the file is no longer in the folder or anywhere else on my device. I am deeply troubled that files are just disappearing from my device. Has anyone else had this issue and figured out what is going on?

I am storing them in the Internal Storage>Ringtones and >Notifications respectively. Same place I always have on my Samsung phones.

4 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I store mine in Downloads and they have been there since January.  Perhaps try that as maybe something cleans up the folders you've selected.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
userxDCmSZCRJA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for sharing that. I'll try a different location and see if that changes things.

0 Likes
Robbl007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
hello
0 Likes
Rogue74
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Check ur files lol