Original topic:

DO NOT BUY S21 ULTRA! BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH NO HELP FROM SAMSUNG

(Topic created on: 4/6/21 8:01 PM)
Samsung_AftGZC6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Well less than 3 months in and this $1200 hunk of junk turned into a brick. Got the pods and watch too, and plan to sell them all after I have to waste more of my time going to a %*($ing Best Buy to wait and have someone take my piece of %*(@ phone apart to try and fix it, and THEN if they can't, after having wasted more of my time, Samsung will oh so graciously ship me a replacement that probably will have the same issue, which will take God knows how long to arrive. Never buying Samsung again, I guarantee it. 

Oh and the kicker is that Samsung "customer service" took 2 HOURS to give me that news! They had to torture me with stupid questions after I repeated the scenario and all my troubleshooting already (I work in a phone store), and finally had the nerve to say they could "make an exception" for me, so I was all excited to call a number with my support ticket JUST TO HEAR THE SAME BULL%$^@ ANSWER AFTER ANOTHER 30 MINUTES. 

Run away from this company and never come back!

0 Likes
7 Replies
PatDoherty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I also had the "black screen of death" How I got out of it was...:
I was able to get to the lock screen though.
I then opened the camera, select, side by side, closed the offending app and the device came back to normal.
Worked for me anyway.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

did black screen of death happen outdoor or indoor?

0 Likes
PatDoherty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
As a matter of fact it was outdoors
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

If you haven't tried, press and hold the power and volume down buttons at the same time until the phone reboots.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Samsung_AftGZC6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It seems all samsung employees think their customers are stupid. I work in a phone store and forced rebooted many times with this method. I was able to get DeX working by plugging a usb c to display port adapter from phone to monitor, then plugged phone into pc via usb and since DeX was already running it recaptured the phone as a phone not just SAMSUNG_android and thus I can get my files now.  

All on my own with no help from the gurus and sages of south koreas finest military weapons manufacturer. South Korea should pray their defense systems work better than their phones!

0 Likes
Eddie11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
On the same boat as OP. OMG do I regret switching from apple. I had BSOD on my Note 20 Ultra. Let's just say that getting AT&T to send me a REFURBISHED replacement took 7 days of screaming at everyone up the ladder. The situation was so bad I ended up getting a $100 credit on my bill. I have literally set a countdown until I can 1. LEAVE AT&T and 2. GO BACK TO APPLE. My phone prior to this PoS Note 20 was a iPhone 7 plus that went strong for 5 YEARS! Never had ANY issues whatsoever. NONE!!!
poorman73
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

One has to remember that these phones are made by humans and no human is perfect and number two they made millions of these things and there’s bound to be a issue with a few every now and then it’s very frustrating I now been there done that with Apple, in the end they refunded me. Had some issues with Samsung also it took a while but the issue was fixed and all has been good so far.

0 Likes