Original topic:

Deleting Messages

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 04:42 AM)
LadyT429
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
Did Samsung get rid of the option to delete messages after a certain time frame? Now if I want to delete I have do so manually one by one or delete the entire convo?!
8 Replies
Oxford
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
In the message settings, turn on the trash to hold your trash for 30 days before deleting.
0 Likes
LadyT429
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
It's on, but I still have to delete each individual message manually. There use to be a setting that the user to denote if they wanted X amount of messages automatically deleted.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung Messages->Settings->More Settings->Delete Old Messages=Toggle on

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
LadyT429
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
The option to delete old messages is gone. Thats why I asked if Samsung got rid of it. So frustrating!
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I have it on my phone. What phone and which carrier? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling it?
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
DaleNet
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I do not use Samsung Messages, but Google Messages has the option to delete messages after 24 hours. Will yhen permanently delete them after 24 more hours.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
That setting is for deleting OTP messages after 24 hours
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Open the Samsung messages app>>open settings>>tap more options>>at the bottom should be the option for delete old messages.
0 Likes