Original topic:

Delivered and read reports not showing

(Topic created: 05-22-2022 05:49 PM)
PizzaMane
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I use the Samsung messages app. When texting my family and friends I always get little reports next to my outgoing texts telling me if my text has been delivered to their phone, and then it also tells me if they have read my texts.

For some reason this afternoon it has stopped working for both me and my brother who both have S21's on the Tmobile network. Why is this?
 When I go into the message settings all those settings are still turned on. 
18 Replies
charmec9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes , I just came from t movil , and sadly costumer service was terrible
0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
have you tried turning it off and back on again?
0 Likes
charmec9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes I did , I tried checking other settings to make sure I didn't press something by accident so I just gave up and went to 2 stores hoping they could help, but they end up suggesting to go best buy geek squad.
0 Likes
Lilyfelicis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Also dealing with this issue. Just randomly stopped yesterday evening. I hadn't restarted or updated my phone before it happened. Additionally, I'm now getting the little character "counter" thing when I'm texting, like it used to do back when texts weren't unlimited free. I have an S21, as well. I have since turned "read receipts" off and back on again in the settings, "force stopped," and restarted my phone. And I know for a FACT that this person at least (my dad) doesn't know HOW to turn that function off, but my bff also has it on for her kids, and said hers is messed up as well. (See also the little counter that I've highlighted).Screenshot_20220522-223237_Messages_5829_1653273189.jpg
Jack338
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Exact same experience here. The counter, too. Try sending more than a few picture and it'll no longer let you either.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

RCS is highly carrier network reliant so give it a few days and see it it self heals.  mine is fine of Verizon.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Liz2730
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
A friend of mine has been having this issue with his phone for months now and he uses T-Mobile. I think its a carrier issue, not anything with the phone.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm with Tmobile mine works fine
0 Likes
Lis21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm w tmobile.. mine stopped